work/shop space

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesv842

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been looking into getting a small workshop just to work on saws. I really don't need much more than the size of one room, a few hundred sq. ft. tops. I'm not seeing much available anywhere, even CL. Can't you get a conex or something with power hookups? Any other ideas?

Convert a cheap RV? Would have heat, water and lights. Far from ideal, but for the price of a conex you'de have some basics and the hope of selling if it didn't work out.

Most of the used shipping container sales are in the 2 grand on up area plus delivery , Around here any way. Might be less in your area. Sometimes you can find a no longer road worthy trailer for less but most are soft sided now from what I see on the road - saves weight - little better fuel mileage , maybe. An old RV might have more issues than it's worth most of which are not visible. Depending on your skill set building a shed in the 2-400 sq ft ( think single car garage) area isn't real hard more of an issue is local zoning for any of this. Power isn't that hard either but again depends on skill set. Floor doesn't have to be concrete either for your use, but do take into consideration what kind of bugs ya got around ( termites and the like.) as that will determine what is needed base wise. Old buses or Box trucks another possible source- Roofs usually need some remediation- with RV's its roof and floors. Heat and /or cooling , hard to beat a mini split for a combined single point system.
Random thoughts that might be of use.

Latest posts

Back