Workers Comp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jijbob I just work for the Bigger guys on the side 1 main guy and some other tree services when they need an extra man. A lot of compamys stay small 3-5 people and when we have a big job 2or3 of us get together and put the bid in under 1 and the rest of us are subs. It pays to get to know the other companys you can work with.And I stress get to KNOW .There not all like that ,some guys will say sounds good then go in take the job rigth out from under you.Cut your thoart and laugh in your face. Good Luck.:bang:

Speaking from a workers comp recipient I can tell you that in California I recieved higher pay than my normal paycheck . I went on comp for three weeks due to back injury and recieved that three weeks pay plus an additional three weeks pay . Don't quite understand it but I suspect that is why are rate is over 50% , down from 70% a couple of years ago

That actually is a good deal for teh employee then. Now Mark's point about tax evasion is very important, I wonder if anyone knows what the IRS' definition of an employee is and what they will allow you to call a subcontractor(contractor). Anyone who knows...

That actually is a good deal for teh employee then. Now Mark's point about tax evasion is very important, I wonder if anyone knows what the IRS' definition of an employee is and what they will allow you to call a subcontractor(contractor). Anyone who knows...

I understand the W.C. is based on gross salary here in Colorado. Next year I will be planning on my first employee. So, I will be getting some W.C.:cry:

If his gross salary say 31k, how much do you guys think I could expect to pay?

I think it is pretty much based on gross income everywhere . We pay around 53% here in Cali ,two years ago it was over 70% meaning for every dollar your employee makes you pay an added percent to the state . If there wage is gonna be $500 a week and your comp rate is 30% then you will be paying $150 a week to the state fund

Back