working alone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that the question translated would be "If the rescue climber is busy rescuing the first climber, who is on the ground ready to rescue the rescue climber?"

But you knew that, didn't you?

A trained crew should all be somewhat qualified to saddle up and help , mine are and we are only four strong , so the question is how many is too many and my answer is all of them should be able to assist ..

A trained crew should all be somewhat qualified to saddle up and help , mine are and we are only four strong , so the question is how many is too many and my answer is all of them should be able to assist ..

Good post, Our guy's are trained in aerial rescue. All 12 of them. And we spend the money and man-hours to keep it that way. So, what is with the Savior and need to rescue the rescuer? Jealous?
Jeff :)

I think that the question translated would be "If the rescue climber is busy rescuing the first climber, who is on the ground ready to rescue the rescue climber?"

But you knew that, didn't you?

Lol I may not want rescued the trauma from having a mans lips to mine would make me go insane. It is my right to make a living and it wont be tread upon.

I don't know about that Rope...

I could live with being resuscitated... I'm sure remembering the event that caused the need would be worse than the solution to the problem.

I have seen some women that I think kissing might cause worst nightmares than any guy could.

I don't know about that Rope...

I could live with being resuscitated... I'm sure remembering the event that caused the need would be worse than the solution to the problem.

I have seen some women that I think kissing might cause worst nightmares than any guy could.

Uhhhh yeah but my groundy has been with them chicks:laugh:

Just telling ya Rope, That is the deal, check it out. I guess the blood moves the oxygen, but really, that is the new deal. Check it out all you want, I am right,

This year maybe but if they have pulse with obstructed airway it could be detrimental, as I said my grandkids ,wife etc will get my last first aid training which I believe superior to just compressions in many events. So I guess they don't even check pulse now eh?

This year maybe but if they have pulse with obstructed airway it could be detrimental, as I said my grandkids ,wife etc will get my last first aid training which I believe superior to just compressions in many events. So I guess they don't even check pulse now eh?

I know you are in Arkansas, but all of ya'll know that you still check the air-way and throat and pulse. Just saying, no need for ' mouth to mouth.'
Jeff
It is like after 7:30 at nite. I am going to sleep.
Jeff
See ya in the AM!

I know you are in Arkansas, but all of ya'll know that you still check the air-way and throat and pulse. Just saying, no need for ' mouth to mouth.'
Jeff
It is like after 7:30 at nite. I am going to sleep.
Jeff
See ya in the AM!

Nighty night

Jeffy I aced every test on first aid not bad fer anarky eh?

Btw you still did not understand. If they have a pulse but are not breathing giving compressions could cause health concerns for no reason.

Last edited:
Good post, Our guy's are trained in aerial rescue. All 12 of them. And we spend the money and man-hours to keep it that way. So, what is with the Savior and need to rescue the rescuer? Jealous?

All 12...that's a perfect amount of disciples for the OHSA religion. Surely that's an accident right? You didn't assemble exactly 12 on purpose, did you? Better keep on close eye on Judas. ;)

Nevertheless, not everyone has 12 grade A certified OSHA regulated monkeys on hand. That is great and all, I'm almost sure that you could perform a rescue with 12 of these men handy. But could you image the horror of the 12th man when he realizes that he has reached 14 foot......ALONE. Could he do it? Could he still accomplish the rescue.....ALONE?

The point that you are missing on purpose is a simple one. Howbeit, one that neither you, nor the 12, nor OSHA, nor any other self important acronym can afford to recognize. It is the elephant in the room, as they say.

Once the rescue climber passes 14 foot he is in violation of the standard that requires him in the first place. It's a catch 22. One that I'm almost sure 12 men can handle, but like I said, not everyone has 12.

For the typical crew, one extra rescue climber is all they got at best, and all that is "required." Do I think he should go when needed, yes, naturally, when the situation is safe. However, he now has to realize that there is no one to save him and work accordingly.

It's an emergency, so now he has got the OHSA blessing to work alone...er..I mean..climb above 14 foot without a rescue climber on the ground. We can debate about whether or not it is safer to rescue climb than to work the tree, but something can still go wrong. Now what? Where is the acronymic flip chart answer for that? Call the fire department to rescue the two victims you now have?

Overall, the same mindset and practices one must have to work alone, should be employed whether you're working alone or not. It is especially important for the rescue climber, he now has two lives on the line, with the clock ticking, and often times, no one to bail him out of a jam.

I think it is good to have a second climber, but I find that a requirement of such by OSHA to be in conflict with itself, in principle, and as potentially dangerous, if not more, as the problem it is trying to “solve.” It's a good recommendation in general, but to make it law, and to preach it like a gospel solution, is just self important self serving nonsense. Typical.

I don't climb alone much, but I climb as though I am. And I don't require someone come fetch me either. So if you do, its on you, and I might be grateful later, but it's of your generosity, not my requirement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back