working glove for wet snow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always keep several pairs of the cheap yellow cotton gloves on hand. Just use them till they become waterlogged and switch to the next pair. I do not want to use expensive gloves like goretex on wood as it ruins them quickly.

Get a box (I buy them by the case and use them for everything from oil changes to food prep) of black nitrile gloves.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1301895570?iid=193703922082&thm=10

For winter, what you wear over them is up to you. I like atlas 300 if it is not too cold. Atlas 451 is a good thermal glove. The atlas 380 is a stellar glove for automotive/dexterity work. Toss the liner when you are done and launder the outer glove.

https://www.palmflex.com/Atlas-300-...term=atlas 300 gloves&utm_content=Atlas - 300

I always keep several pairs of the cheap yellow cotton gloves on hand. Just use them till they become waterlogged and switch to the next pair. I do not want to use expensive gloves like goretex on wood as it ruins them quickly.
Yep , just rotate a bunch of cheap pairs ..I get‘m wet then lay them on the splitter ram and they’re dry in no time.

I’ve got 10-12 pair of these GeatWhite cut resistant gloves I rotate while working in the wet/snow. I am lucky in that I gather these gloves at work before they end up in the trash , I give them a good laundering and put them to work. A7FADD05-F749-4F16-A143-9032F2C1037C.jpeg

https://www.palmflex.com/chilly-grip-a315-acrylic-full-fingered-work-general-purpose-gloves.html
These are my favorite. Way WAY better than Atlas gloves. This company sells several types by this brand. I like these best, but haven't tried the actual waterproof ones. I buy a dozen at a time for $60/dozen. Wear till wet, swap, repeat. They don't last forever, but for $5/pair, they're great.

Thanks for the link. Ive been meaning to order replacements for the Atlas gloves I ordered a couple years ago. If these last longer, its a win win.

Ordered some of the waterproof ones too.

Thanks for the link. Ive been meaning to order replacements for the Atlas gloves I ordered a couple years ago. If these last longer, its a win win.

Ordered some of the waterproof ones too.

If you like Atlas gloves, I think you'll love these ones. Everyone I give them to really likes them.

I buy gloves by the hundreds so I take ten pair of leather ones and just change them when they get wet. For cutting I do not wear gloves so hands do not get very wet, but when handling that is different. Thanks

I have been using Kinco brand winter/water proof style. Not water proof by any means but do hold up for awhile. I will rub some snoseal into mine to help. But being pigskin, they hold up well for firewood and still dry supple when wet. Cowhide is a no-no for gloves that will get wet. Dry hard like concrete. Deerskin/elkskin stay supple but do not have the strength of pigskin for firewood. I usually get about a season from a pr of Kinco before the fingers start to get thin.

For all around winter work gloves I use the Kinco 901. They are cheap, tough, fairly good dexterity and when I add some sno seal (or equivalent) they are quite waterproof.

I build pole barns all year round in upstate ny. Have struggled for years to find gloves that fit my needs for movement. Best I have found are white cotton glove liners from tsc. When they get to bad grab another pair. 20 pairs is 10$. I generally don’t wear gloves unless it’s below 20 degrees but these gloves keep my hands warm even when they are wet.

I had some gloves MANY years ago, marked "ThinSulate" IIRC.
Worked a job outside freezing rain running rigid steel pipe. Hands got wet but stayed much warmer than I'd ever expected.
I'd take them off, wring them out and it seemed like they got warmer, which they probably did.
They weren't work glove, they were hunting gloves like below.
Mine wore thin and I eventually had to chuck them.
If you could find something like this rubberized???
1607086787497.png

Back