Working with the state

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeWizard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just had to rant. I got my yearly notice that I had to renew my pesticide license, on the form it says I need to submit proof of 10 hours continuing education. Well 3 years ago I sent them proof of 40+ hours of continuing education and according to the regulations you have to demonstrate 20 hours every 6 years.

I call them up, and get some yoyo on the phone who tells me they changed the regulation to require 10 hours every 3 years back in 05. I say I never heard anything about it and they tell me "well we sent a notice to everyone". I say I didn't get it, "well thats too bad" I'm told.

I comment that the printed regulations as well as the regulations available on their web site still say 20 hours every 6 years. This clown tells me that changing the info isn't his job. I ask How am I supposed to know about this change when I recieved no letter and the information on their web site is apparently 3 years out of date. The answer I get is well, thats too bad.

To make a long story short I'm out of luck. It's not that I use the license that much, I've turned the business over to my daughter but I used it as her backup it she gets sick. I guess she'll have to find a different backup.

I wrote a letter to my state senator about this wonderful experience dealing with a state employee it will be interesting to see if I get any reply.

I've got Tom DeChillo's e-mail if you want it.

Also, there's a reason why he is the most hated person in the building when he goes to a convention or seminar... NEVER has good news.

The same here, no CEU's , no renewal. We opted not to renew. Twice montly visits from the new state inspector & 2 pg ( dbl. sided) to fill out. Just to much of a good thing ( inspections & more inspections ). Paperwork & new rules & regs..

Back