Working With Wildlife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawdwaz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was doing some work at a buddies this past weekend and a friend showed up. A ruffed grouse that has been hanging around for three years now came out to greet me. Generally he hangs inside the pine trees on ATV trails but this time he came up onto the mowed lawn. At the time I was putting a bird house up for the season and he started following me around, pecking my boots and pant legs.

After a bit I got tired of his antics and grabbed him. my friend snapped a couple pics then I sent him on his way, no worse for wear.

My next little chore was to cut up a downed pine tree and pitch it back into the woods. He stood directly under the tree as I dropped branches (gently) onto him!

He stood next to the running saw (chain brake on) while I rearranged my drawers and moved a couple bigger chunks. I then shut the saw off and staged a great Stihl advertising "worthy" picture. :)

Oq7qYGU.jpg

5p9wPM2.jpg

drZkIdk.jpg

xlLShrU.jpg

BNyvU8u.jpg

I really like your second photo where you are throwing the ruffed grouse into the air. I've never seen a ruffed grouse before (since I'm Australian). Nice shots!

Latest posts

Back