World's loudest pencil sharpener?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
Reaction score
We got a pup, so I need to put up a bunch of fence. Back home, we used a bar to make a pilot hole and pounded the posts in with a 16 pound post maul.

Down here, they don't even sell tapered posts. So...I built a jig around the bar clamp for a Granberg Mini-Mill:

jig1.jpg jig2.jpg jig3.jpg

Pencils are pretty cool.

I hope you don’t find that there is a reason why they apparently don’t pound posts in your area. I grew up in Florida where we dug and packed fence posts. Moved to Tennessee where you drive them. Different methods for different conditions.

Ron

If your local rental store has a post driver for a tractor or skid steer, you can have some fun and knock the job out at the same time. Pencils can’t hurt even if you have to dig. Ron

Your posts turned out excellent!
Years ago I sharpened a lot of fence posts free hand with a chainsaw, it was actually fairly easy.

All that trouble and expense for a "pup?" :laughing:

I did this in a day and all I needed was T-posts, a post driver, several rolls of fencing, a level, and some string. If I recall correctly, cost me under $100.
DSC02190 - Copy.JPG
Three years later, still looks brand new. :yes:

All that trouble and expense for a "pup?" :laughing:

I did this in a day and all I needed was T-posts, a post driver, several rolls of fencing, a level, and some string. If I recall correctly, cost me under $100.
View attachment 841624
Three years later, still looks brand new. :yes:
Price it today.

The title reminded me of a prank I pulled once on my brother who was working in my shop for fun. He loved to sharpen all my wood marking pencils right down to the eraser and catch the metal part in the blades, on my electric pencil sharpener... Long story, but after he left one day I wired a relay and solinoid into the trigger that activates the sharpener motor, and wired that up to a electric valve on a nitrogen tank, powering an air horn (hidden in the rafters) from a fire truck we scrapped...
he about **** himself when he tried to sharpen the pencil in the morning.
We where both wearing hearing protection, (the tools in the metal shop are loud) but even with good muffs it made both of our ears ring for an hour or so...

Back