World's loudest pencil sharpener?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember now, but I think I paid double that just for a roll of wire.
Ever since the Covid Chicken wire for sure has gotten real hard to locate due to peoples fear of food shortage. Lot of people putting in gardens and raising Chickens that did not before.

Ever since the Covid Chicken wire for sure has gotten real hard to locate due to peoples fear of food shortage. Lot of people putting in gardens and raising Chickens that did not before.

I'll bet so...I hadn't thought of that.

I'll bet so...I hadn't thought of that.
Try to price a few things like rubbing alcohol electric hair trimmers stuff like that. Bicycles are in big demand if you have any sell them now for way more than you think they are worth. My bud is having a hell of a time finding a new bandit brush chipper. Stuff is hjard to get. And why the hell in all of America are there no N95 masks avail to the public yet its been months? If you have something to sell do it now.

Plywood has been another, for several weeks I tried to source 3/4" interlocking sub floor sheeting & every store that carried it within 150 miles was sold out and on back order weeks after that. Ended up not taking the job, the home owner didn't understand the problem... that's the only material that meets city code, & I couldn't get it.
Actually a good thing I didn't get the contract, she's sueing the contractor who did for being behind schedule for the same reason. No product= no work.

Plywood has been another, for several weeks I tried to source 3/4" interlocking sub floor sheeting & every store that carried it within 150 miles was sold out and on back order weeks after that. Ended up not taking the job, the home owner didn't understand the problem... that's the only material that meets city code, & I couldn't get it.
Actually a good thing I didn't get the contract, she's sueing the contractor who did for being behind schedule for the same reason. No product= no work.
Are the courts even open it will be years!

Are the courts even open it will be years!
I don't know lol.
I don't know the outcome & don't really expect to:/
I heard from the customer some things & the contractor some others... I stay out of it as much as possible. Not my job so I try not to get into much detailed gossip about it.. I just hope both parties are happy in the end.

Got the same issue. My day job is supplying parts to a few large companies that you've all heard of and a whole bunch of smaller ones you haven't. One in particular keeps calling me every day asking where their parts are, even though they were told the situation before they placed the order and have been kept up to date the entire time. I did explain that I'm not holding their parts hostage and cackling, if the parts existed I'd ship them. They keep calling......

I remember building fences on cattle ranches with cresote posts like that, driving them with a post maul having to hand carry some of them into rough/steep areas with no roads, some even carried horseback.
Sure is saddening when the wooden posts all start rotting off at the ground sometime later, thinking of the sweat/ labor involved installing the wood posts vs the life of the post as compared to what we should have used was steel T posts.

Wood going into the ground is never a good thing for a long life good fence.
Some contractor fence builders know this is why they use wood, for job security in the future.

I remember building fences on cattle ranches with cresote posts like that, driving them with a post maul having to hand carry some of them into rough/steep areas with no roads, some even carried horseback.
Sure is saddening when the wooden posts all start rotting off at the ground sometime later, thinking of the sweat/ labor involved installing the wood posts vs the life of the post as compared to what we should have used was steel T posts.

Wood going into the ground is never a good thing for a long life good fence.
Some contractor fence builders know this is why they use wood, for job security in the future.
Up here, the posts rot off level with the ground. The bottom is still good, and the top is still good. So a company here produces shrink wrap to go around the posts. You figure out the depth you're pounding the post, put this foot long piece of shrink wrap onto it, and shrink it with a weed burner (an hopefully don't set the whole county on fire.) Posts are lasting a lot longer that way.

There's also posts here from the original settlers around a hundred years ago here. They're made from split cedar.

I'd like to get locust wood posts. Apparently, they don't rot.

Up here, the posts rot off level with the ground. The bottom is still good, and the top is still good. So a company here produces shrink wrap to go around the posts. You figure out the depth you're pounding the post, put this foot long piece of shrink wrap onto it, and shrink it with a weed burner (an hopefully don't set the whole county on fire.) Posts are lasting a lot longer that way.

There's also posts here from the original settlers around a hundred years ago here. They're made from split cedar.

I'd like to get locust wood posts. Apparently, they don't rot.
I’ve pulled 10 yr old locust posts to move my garden that were just like the day I buried them, in clay, no concrete. Just reburied them in the new location.

Back