Worldwide Construction Equipment got me for $9600.00!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have witnessed an apparent disagreement between two parties maybe three! We have also witnessed the blamed individual come forth,and accept responsibility and try and take care of the customer. Please Please drop this thread. It may seem interesting to some but is none of any of our business and has obviously been an embarrasment for some people. Give em the benefit of the doubt and lets just let em handle it guys. Hell, i think i'll go stoke some oak logs and scarf down some bbq pork. Yall have a goodun!!!:givebeer: :cheers:

No, don't drop it see it through. I think it worked like a charm

Wow!

Hey guys, I know I'm new on here, but holy cow! I've sat here with my supper, and read this thread, and it reads like a dime store novel. Why is this continuing on? To me, it looks like the plaintiff took the deal that the broker was offering him way back, what, 12 pages ago?? Why is the broker getting bashed, other than its fun? It looks to me like they've worked to solve the problem from the get-go, and are making sure an unhappy customer is not out one cent for a deal gone awry. Having bought from resellers myself, I can tell you that most never lay eyes on the product they are selling...but they make a living by trusting who THEY buy from. In this case, it sure sounds like the broker got burnt, but made the effort to correct the problem. I'm not even going to address the whole "terrorist threats" deal...although after wasting an hour of my life on this whining, I'm ready to go down to Texas and take measurements to see if the unit will fit. Tell you what, at this point, if I was part of this deal, I'd want to see the serial number of the bad unit, to see if there isn't more hanky-panky going on here. Basic psychology says the guy screaming the loudest for no reason usually has the most he's trying to hide...just my 2 cents.:chainsaw:

Hey guys, I know I'm new on here, but holy cow! I've sat here with my supper, and read this thread, and it reads like a dime store novel. Why is this continuing on? To me, it looks like the plaintiff took the deal that the broker was offering him way back, what, 12 pages ago?? Why is the broker getting bashed, other than its fun? It looks to me like they've worked to solve the problem from the get-go, and are making sure an unhappy customer is not out one cent for a deal gone awry. Having bought from resellers myself, I can tell you that most never lay eyes on the product they are selling...but they make a living by trusting who THEY buy from. In this case, it sure sounds like the broker got burnt, but made the effort to correct the problem. I'm not even going to address the whole "terrorist threats" deal...although after wasting an hour of my life on this whining, I'm ready to go down to Texas and take measurements to see if the unit will fit. Tell you what, at this point, if I was part of this deal, I'd want to see the serial number of the bad unit, to see if there isn't more hanky-panky going on here. Basic psychology says the guy screaming the loudest for no reason usually has the most he's trying to hide...just my 2 cents.:chainsaw:

Nice post Tarzan and he did take what we originally offered him prior to his posting this dime store novel (Very funny). You are like me we both understand that a terrorist threat has to be something feasible (Something that could be done) There is no terrorist threat. I said that to him after 20 phone calls all repeating the same thing. Just trying to make amends to the customer to move on from this dime store novel. I can assure you the serial number has to be correct because we freighted the equipment we are waiting the bill of lauding for the unit from the trucking company. This will tell us if the unit is the same. With or without the unit.

We are just hoping Mr.Kemp, will now do what he says he will do and take the unit to Houston for a full refund. We were burnt on this and we have tried to make amends to our customer. Bashing of my lively hood is ok sucking up my time and resources seems to be ok even if they do not know the whole story or even to begin to understand it.

You know it would be no different if you were doing a job at my home and it started to rain. You would come back and finish the job correct. Well this job was never completed we weren't allowed back to the job site to finish the job. Although we have made the same attempt for the past month to try to complete it

There is no terrorist threat.

That's right. A terrorist is somebody who makes very bad things happen for political reasons, not just because he's mad at somebody.

That term is getting waaaaay overused today.

Even by law enforcement.

It's stupid.

a terristic threat is when someone threathens you with bodly harm. and it is a class A misdeamor.

That's the current legal definition in many places due ONLY to

stupidity!

it's called, "Jumping on the current fashionable bandwagon without having a clue about what the word really means. But it sounds really nasty and it's in the news a lot these days so we'll use it!"

That's the current legal definition in many places due ONLY to

stupidity!

it's called, "Jumping on the current fashionable bandwagon without having a clue about what the word really means. But it sounds really nasty and it's in the news a lot these days so we'll use it!"

Actually, BRM.... While I agree with your generaliztion regarding the overuse of certain legal terms that evoke great emotion, the definition of "terroristic threat" in Texas law goes back a lot longer than our recent past. However, TTM doesn't fully understand the threat that he is trying to counter with. The law is very specific about how it applies (see this link). Since BT is neither family or a "public servant", then it would be a "Class B" misdemeanor, not "Class A" as he states.

I sent him a little note from my spam e-mail account. Hope it wasn't too extreme, I get a little heated sometimes.

Hey a**hole I just heard how you sent a crappy lift down to a guy in Texas. You better know who I'm talking about, if you don't than how many bad deals have you done in the past month? How do you sleep? Better get up and check the locks again. What was that noise? What does you're wife think of you, what would your kids say? You're a crook and you'll get what's comin' to ya. Ripping people off is what stupid thugs do. It's not that hard to run a good business. You should be living underwater.

What do ya think?

So this could be considered a touristic threat? And all the other e-mails and Phone calls as well? PLEASE!

So this could be considered a touristic threat? And all the other e-mails and Phone calls as well? PLEASE!

BT -

Like I eluded to... I don't agree AT ALL with how TX law defines that term! When TTM presented that topic, rather than argue based on emotion, I researched it and found the link I shared. It's a BS law the way it is written, but if you follow a few search leads, you will see where there have been some really ridiculous suits based on it. I would think your strongest point is that you have the "all disputesa shall be settled in the state of" clause on your purchase agreement.

Whatever Bob. You have it all handled? Well there you go. Thanks for you effort and way to hang in there. Sorry its crucifixtion before the trial

Whatever Bob. You have it all handled? Well there you go. Thanks for you effort and way to hang in there. Sorry its crucifixtion before the trial

Oh and thanks for going the distance. If I ever need anything I will give you a call, of course I will come get it and pay you in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-mail sent to Mr, Kemp. 2nd request

Mr. Kemp,
I called Sunday 4/13/2008 left message for you to call me this morning (Monday 4/14/2008). My question are; When are you going to take the unit in question to Houston? Also about fees for your time and fuel. (See posting) for that. (Also see this e-mail) @ Arboristsite.com , I will need an invoice, as well as the payment type your requesting. Let me know ASAP! So we can arrange with Eric. Ed Miller and I have e-mail or have spoken to Eric today. (See Posting) @ Arboristsite.com. My attorney has called me and has asked for your attorney’s name and phone number please advise with this information again ASAP. Thank you for your cooperation regarding these matters.

The mileage to Houston from Mr. Kemp's Home is 409 Mile per Map Quest, running down and back is 818 at 10 miles to the gallon would be 82 gallons of fuel, using this site to get my pricing for fuel http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp I will give the benefit of the doubt and pay Mr. Kemp $4.25 a gallon $348.50 fuel allowance.

Next wages @ $35.00 an hour 1.)Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 35 minutes let’s call it 7 hours each way You will stop at least twice each being 15 mins $490.00 in wages for a total of $838.50 to return the lift to Houston. This is what WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC WILL PAY Mr. Kemp for the service. If Kemp Tree Service would send me an invoice I will Wire transfer this amount or overnight a company check his choice.

Update Spoke with Ed Miller this morning he WILL come and see this BLOG POSTING today very busy this morning (4/14/2008). As I stated MR Kemp will receive his refund upon receipt of the equipment in Houston, Mr. Miller also has spoken to Eric with ADI, This morning. They will write Mr. Kemp a check on the SPOT for the equipment in question. Any difference will be made up by MILLERS EQUIPMENT. I have also asked for verification of the SERIAL NUMBER and PHOTO'S of the lift in question.

Bob,

No problem. If the serial number is correct, than it is a 1997 year model. I was told the outrigger switch doesn't work, there is no charger, and the lift cylinder is rusted up pretty good. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Eric

Bob Tressler wrote:

Thank you for your patience regarding Kemp Tree Service. I was told by Tony he will be bringing this lift back to your location as soon as I know when I will let you know. If not me Ed Miller (Millers Equipment)
Next I would like to ask for a favor if you would do me the favor of letting me know what is the problem with the equipment, also the correct serial number of this unit. I was told it is 1997 Ameriquip 2-45, Serial Number 28959. A full set of pictures of the equipment. Also maybe an estimate to do all the repairs to the unit to have it up and running. I can be reached at 866-489-6753. Should you have any questions

By the way, Bob, If you had just said" yes we have a problem and are working to fix it" instead of posting all those posts about a 2600 refund and Lord Knows what about it you would have been OK.
Now you let us know how you make out.

This will be my last post to this forum, WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC is proceeding on advice from counsel and will hopefully conclude the remediation of this transaction soon. But due to respect for Mr. Kemp's right to private transactions, I will not be airing the details in the forum.

Thank you all for your interest and input.
Keep all your saws running, :greenchainsaw: chains sharp, and body extremities away.:dizzy:
I need camp fire wood. :givebeer: And three tons of pellets.:cheers:

Bob, how much are you going in to your own pocket to make Mr. Kemp right? All I see is you giving up your $2600 profit and then either Eric or Ed miller will pay the balance. Did Mr. Kemp make a deal with either of those folks? If so, I missed that part. In fact it appears to me, that after Mr Kemp got screwed by you, you are now asking him to further jump through hoops on the promise that he will get the balance of his money.

So let's recap, Mr. Kemp took you at your word and plunked down his hard earned money, then you screwed him by sending a hunk of junk down to him. Then you refunded your profit. Then you are asking him to deliver the piece of crap machine you sold him 400 some odd mile from home on the hopes some other guys he never dealt with will make him right financially. Not only that, but you are dictating price on the delivery. Hey, if you know how much it will cost, and are willing to pay, why the hell don't you just take care of it instead of further inconveniencing your customer. Mr. Kemp did his part, he paid you in ADVANCE!!! And for that he got screwed. Why should he be expected to do one more thing on this deal. Pay the man his money and pay to fix your own damn problems.

great timing...your first post, eh? :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey JPS, Why the hell are you editing everyones posts, including mine, on this thread.

What kind of offer did the guy Bob make you? What do you get if you help him out?
Just seems strange to me with the precious little moderating you do here for you to suddenly become so active on this thread (RIGHT AFTER A PHONE CALL FROM BOB)

Maybe you have another agenda? What was the offer? What will you gain?

Bob Tressler Called me back and said that he has offered to buy the lift back.

The OEM has offered to do a rebuild on the rig at no cost, if the tree company wants to keep it.

Mr. Tressler assures me that he wants to do whatever it takes to make it right by his customer.

He is an equipment broker, and admits that his client got the short end of the stick. His company is taking the prior owner to court on the matter and states that he has wired a portion of the fees (profit) back to the upset client.

I would ask the site members to not call Mr. Tressler until we find how this is shaking out.

HEY JPS,

After you reported your own post and asked to delete the thread, YOU WERE TOLD TO LEAVE THE THREAD UP.

NOTE: You were not told to edit, in Bob's favor.

What do you get out of it? Are you planning a future purchase or is he your cousin or what?

Maybe you have another agenda? What was the offer? What will you gain?

Apparently, you missed this:

This will be my last post to this forum, WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC is proceeding on advice from counsel and will hopefully conclude the remediation of this transaction soon. But due to respect for Mr. Kemp's right to private transactions, I will not be airing the details in the forum.

Thank you all for your interest and input.

Also, in your hurry to post to a "finished" forum, you must have missed the part where: BT made 5 different offers to TTM; TTM sat back and let the uninformed fight his battle for him; and TTM picked one option that included reimbursement from BT for travel expenses and wages.

I have a feeling that there is a lot about the "remediation of this transaction" that we will al never know. Let's give TTM and BT the opportunity to settle this as gentlemen and quit using this thread as an opportunity to flame people we don't know, about a transaction we weren't party to. As most of us know, there are 3 sides to an issue: party A's view, party B's view and reality. I'm sure the same holds true for the "remediation of this transaction". Let them sort it out without your uninformed, emotional input.

Apparently, you missed this:

Also, in your hurry to post to a "finished" forum, you must have missed the part where: BT made 5 different offers to TTM; TTM sat back and let the uninformed fight his battle for him; and TTM picked one option that included reimbursement from BT for travel expenses and wages.

I have a feeling that there is a lot about the "remediation of this transaction" that we will al never know. Let's give TTM and BT the opportunity to settle this as gentlemen and quit using this thread as an opportunity to flame people we don't know, about a transaction we weren't party to. As most of us know, there are 3 sides to an issue: party A's view, party B's view and reality. I'm sure the same holds true for the "remediation of this transaction". Let them sort it out without your uninformed, emotional input.

Ah yes, I see how you are someone who thinks they are the only person that has the right to comment on this thread.

Yes, I read the offers and I posted what I felt about them. One post that has my opinion in it. Apparently, you were impressed with those offers, sorry I was not. So we disagree.

Now, how many posts have you made on this thread? And you have a dog in this race, how? Oh, right I forgot you feel you and only you has the right to an opinion on this issue. You must be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back