• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Worst advice you get told .

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Store the saws with gas in them so they are ready to go when we need them.

I don't store them "ready to go" gas cans, oils, and the gas pump are 20 ft away.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Hot water will freeze faster . Called thermodynamics hot goes to cold like water runs down hill . I always see people drinking a hot beverage out in the cold about the worse thing to stay warm . The people that made steel always drank stuff hot to cool off .

You mentioned thermodynamics but don't seem to understand the principles. It takes energy to change something from one temperature to another. The greater the change in temperature, the greater the energy is needed. If you want to take 1 quart of water from 80 degrees to 32 degrees and you have so many watts of energy to use, it will take a certain amount of time. If you have 1 quart of water to change from 40 degrees to 32 degrees, it will take less energy. If you have the same amount of watts to work with, it will take less time. The lower the temperature difference, the less energy it will take. If you have a constant energy usage, then the time if what will change.
Therefore, Thermodynamics states that cold water freezes faster than hot water.

However, there is something called the Mpemba Effect which indicates that under certain conditions hot water will freeze faster. There is disagreement about what exactly those conditions are, such as the initial temperatures, the size and shape of the containers, the cooling methods, whether frost insulates one of the containers, etc.

https://www.sciencealert.com/does-hot-water-really-freeze-faster-than-cold-water

Watch the video. It's very well done.

aokpops

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
You mentioned thermodynamics but don't seem to understand the principles. It takes energy to change something from one temperature to another. The greater the change in temperature, the greater the energy is needed. If you want to take 1 quart of water from 80 degrees to 32 degrees and you have so many watts of energy to use, it will take a certain amount of time. If you have 1 quart of water to change from 40 degrees to 32 degrees, it will take less energy. If you have the same amount of watts to work with, it will take less time. The lower the temperature difference, the less energy it will take. If you have a constant energy usage, then the time if what will change.
Therefore, Thermodynamics states that cold water freezes faster than hot water.

However, there is something called the Mpemba Effect which indicates that under certain conditions hot water will freeze faster. There is disagreement about what exactly those conditions are, such as the initial temperatures, the size and shape of the containers, the cooling methods, whether frost insulates one of the containers, etc.

https://www.sciencealert.com/does-hot-water-really-freeze-faster-than-cold-water

Watch the video. It's very well done.
About all I know for sure is the hot water line will freeze first . Always has with the kitchen stink the cold line has never froze . Take a glass of hot tap water outside when around zero out throw it in the air not one drop of water will hit the ground . I never tried it with cold . As far as energy cold has no energy . From what I read with thermodynamics really no such thing as cold just a lack of heat . I know it takes a lot more heat in winter when grilling . About the only thing I understand inside the freezer is cold the back is warm .

kspakland

kspakland

Addicted to ArboristSite
Northern Arizona, Off the grid but I need to move
A friend of mine was raised by "constitutionalist" parents, when he was 12, his dad told him to send his social security card back to SSA, he will never need it, and that he will never need an ID or a driver's license.
You would not believe the crap he has to deal with in the real world now at age 20.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
A friend of mine was raised by "constitutionalist" parents, when he was 12, his dad told him to send his social security card back to SSA, he will never need it, and that he will never need an ID or a driver's license.
You would not believe the crap he has to deal with in the real world now at age 20.
Yep that home schooling is great isn't it.