Worth it to go to a 346xp top end on a 350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it worked out for you. I have three 350’s all apart with another one running I finished in stock form. I’m in no rush to port these little saws I have plenty of bigger huskys to run. My 2100 is ported but it’s not tuned yet.

Pics of a two ring "346" piston?
I don't think its a "346" piston as its 45mm...probably a 353 kit.
ea015839e9094e752f4a93d16d4faaf1.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Glad it worked out for you. I have three 350’s all apart with another one running I finished in stock form. I’m in no rush to port these little saws I have plenty of bigger huskys to run. My 2100 is ported but it’s not tuned yet.
Im going to do something with the muffler. I ordered some kind of side port muffler off ebay to compare to stock...maybe do a dual port...not sure.

OK!
I like adventuresome people like you. Back in 1978 I was young and saw the world as my play ground. When the "normal" folks saw my old Volkswagen bus with a Chevy 4 core radiator mounted on the back they just had to get a look at that Water Cooled Ford Pinto Engine I'd stuffed in her. Today at 73 I worked hard and had to take a long nap. Getting old means I like the Easy way because im to tired to play like you younger guys do. But it's a joy reading about all the adventures. I use Mostly Echo saws because they Start easy and it seems are less maintenance. Right now I've got several project saws, firewood to split and a couple Riding Mowers needing attention. Your tireless enthusiasm is great. Keep up the pace because one day you may notice you are getting more tired more often. Enjoyed reading your story. Have a great day.

More like a Swedish watch with Chinese movement that keeps time...for Casio money.

I pulled the top end back off today. Did a gasket delete and hyway pop up piston. She's a ripper. I ran good before but it has alot more bottom end now.

What is my squish? No idea...it didnt hit so i sent it[emoji23]. After 5 tanks of 70:1 opti2 thru the first build it looked great inside, oil was present.. No scuffing or anything.

I pulled the top end back off today. Did a gasket delete and hyway pop up piston. She's a ripper. I ran good before but it has alot more bottom end now.

What is my squish? No idea...it didnt hit so i sent it[emoji23]. After 5 tanks of 70:1 opti2 thru the first build it looked great inside, oil was present.. No scuffing or anything.

With the charts you're probably still beyond safe, but why wouldn't you take the five minutes to check squish?

With the charts you're probably still beyond safe, but why wouldn't you take the five minutes to check squish?
The only solder I had on hand was too small...probably, tiny little stuff i got to touch off the super small resistors on my cars climate control panel...its like sewing thread.

But i did thread in a plug with the washer removed and no contact there. I don't know of rod stretch is a factor on these but...it does feel much happier running.

Latest posts

Back