would YOU buy a 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer the o.p., I bought a new saw for the first time in 15 years. A new 562xp. It was really nice to run, started great, idled great. It didn't do what I wanted it to do, so I sold it and bought another used 372. It didnt have anywhere near the torque I had hoped for. So, no, I would not buy another. The guy I sold it to though is very happy with the saw for what he uses it for.

ok, 2013 562xp owner and have had it rebuilt under warranty. Always loved the performance of this saw. Aggressive, angry and smooth in the cut.
Since the rebuild, it now starts easier hot or cold than when it was new.
I too suspect lean setting by default and I am keeping an eye on the cylinder for any possible signs of scoring. Mine still has el46 carb but no bogging issues.
It is a tight piece of more advanced engineering and I am hoping they have the bugs worked out by now in 2016 models.

If a one saw plan, would I buy a 562xp? Not today, but ask me in 3 years and if mine is still running well, then probably I would say yes.

GREAT SAW - but with some concerns for reliability, it would not be my only saw at this time.

Hmm... Nobody has addressed the air filtration and/or lack of it.

Here from 562 and 550 and yes I tried grease on the intake edge.

2hcdiso.jpg

2i900tk.jpg

16kvody.jpg

For perspective, this is the intake on my oldest 346XP which has about 10x the amount of hours on it.

1ep109.jpg

Now for a hijack, (I like this pic) is a Helko splitting ax on the wall of my TV room, (wife does not like it)

2n83992.jpg

your problem is that you are actually running your saws. if you would stop and be like everyone else this air filtration problem wouldn't be present. you really got to get up to date lol :D

your problem is that you are actually running your saws. if you would stop and be like everyone else this air filtration problem wouldn't be present. you really got to get up to date lol :D

Well I am not in the league of user like you are, but I keep myself busy in the Winter in this God forsaken State.

It was a slow year, I was down about 10 cord from last year, I bought a snowmobile.

308gk7o.jpg

I have a basic understanding of maintaining chain too.

nlooht.jpg

2m42hp3.jpg

Wow the usual cast of zealots hawking their particular brands. But the original question was would a person buy one knowing what they know NOW was the implication. If the person posting is brand biased what would you expect them to do? Pitch their brand. About as predictable as the sun setting. Not really useful as its ..SOSDD. I bought an early 555 and love the thing. Have a couple of early 562's tweaked with "upgraded" parts as there has been an evolution. Basically took a blown up 2012 version and brought it to 2015 specs. The early ones did have issues. Husqvarna made changes as they learned and also from what I can tell did a reasonable job of supporting the dealers as they support their customers. Pretty much all companies that have to roll out a new technology will have to take it on the chin as the product line goes from the theoretical to the real. Husqvarna and Stihl both deal with this as reputable companies. I've gone through on other places to discuss some of the evolutions over the years so don't feel the need as that is irrelevant. The question remains would you buy one....based on what I know...the details of the changes effect that answer as I understand what they are as of 2015 and what they addressed relative to the early saws. The latest and greatest 562 has yet again advanced based on the history in the market place along with a drive to improve the product. So the answer is an absolute yes, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. Great saws. I certainly understand there are other great saws on the market place. Still would prefer a 555 or 562 should the need arise. Combination of power, anti vibration characteristics, fuel usage, the way the power is delivered. All are an advancement in the state of the art for chainsaws. And I can have any saw model on the planet...and still run my 555 (early version un tweaked) and tweaked 562 as the first choice. To let u understand that brand loyalty doesn't play ...my other "main" saw I carry in the truck is a Huztl/Farmertec blended with Stihl OEM parts MS660, Build from scratch with a variety of parts from a variety of sources. Love that saw. Both get used weekly this time of year and daily in the fall early winter time frames. That 562 has obsoleted my 372 builds as the main "one saw" solution.

The two saws that ride around and are the main work saws, MS660 HTSS & Husqvarna 562 HTSS
The other is a test saw...the 562 started as the earliest version and now is 2015 spec.

trucksaw-jpg.508734

Attachments

• TruckSaw.jpg
    TruckSaw.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 153
After reading this far I guess I would not buy one mail order. How can one know the build date? Stuff of this nature I have been getting with build dates a couple of years old lately. If I was to buy something with that bar mount chances are I would go larger.

I bought my 562 as a never fueled ph for $500 from another forum member. So far I have had none of the problems several other members have had. Mine starts well, runs well, and has plenty of power. I have used it to noodle up about about 1&1/2 cords of wood, cut several 16-20" oak logs for firewood, cut some hedge with it at gtgs and recently used it in some 20-26" white oak. So far it has been a very enjoyable saw to use.

ok, 2013 562xp owner and have had it rebuilt under warranty. Always loved the performance of this saw. Aggressive, angry and smooth in the cut.
That is a very good description of a 562.
Wow the usual cast of zealots hawking their particular brands. But the original question was would a person buy one knowing what they know NOW was the implication. If the person posting is brand biased what would you expect them to do? Pitch their brand. About as predictable as the sun setting. Not really useful as its ..SOSDD. I bought an early 555 and love the thing. Have a couple of early 562's tweaked with "upgraded" parts as there has been an evolution. Basically took a blown up 2012 version and brought it to 2015 specs. The early ones did have issues. Husqvarna made changes as they learned and also from what I can tell did a reasonable job of supporting the dealers as they support their customers. Pretty much all companies that have to roll out a new technology will have to take it on the chin as the product line goes from the theoretical to the real. Husqvarna and Stihl both deal with this as reputable companies. I've gone through on other places to discuss some of the evolutions over the years so don't feel the need as that is irrelevant. The question remains would you buy one....based on what I know...the details of the changes effect that answer as I understand what they are as of 2015 and what they addressed relative to the early saws. The latest and greatest 562 has yet again advanced based on the history in the market place along with a drive to improve the product. So the answer is an absolute yes, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. Great saws. I certainly understand there are other great saws on the market place. Still would prefer a 555 or 562 should the need arise. Combination of power, anti vibration characteristics, fuel usage, the way the power is delivered. All are an advancement in the state of the art for chainsaws. And I can have any saw model on the planet...and still run my 555 (early version un tweaked) and tweaked 562 as the first choice. To let u understand that brand loyalty doesn't play ...my other "main" saw I carry in the truck is a Huztl/Farmertec blended with Stihl OEM parts MS660, Build from scratch with a variety of parts from a variety of sources. Love that saw. Both get used weekly this time of year and daily in the fall early winter time frames. That 562 has obsoleted my 372 builds as the main "one saw" solution.

The two saws that ride around and are the main work saws, MS660 HTSS & Husqvarna 562 HTSS
The other is a test saw...the 562 started as the earliest version and now is 2015 spec. ( Andre will recognize the cover because he knows his ****..:) )

Very well written, many good points in this post! Also what does HTSS stand for?
Wow the usual cast of zealots hawking their particular brands. But the original question was would a person buy one knowing what they know NOW was the implication. If the person posting is brand biased what would you expect them to do? Pitch their brand. About as predictable as the sun setting
Agree. Regarding the fanboys, it does get pretty old. And their extreme redundancy will cause folks to buy that product when they probably should have bought something else that fit their needs better. I guess I try to look at things objectively and if I want the best saw in each class it is going to mean having a stable full of multiple brands. I bought a Dolmar because that was the best 30cc saw out there for my needs and have been thrilled. Same with my 550 and 562. If I was in the market for a 70 cc class saw the 461 would be my runaway first choice with the 7900 a somewhat distant second choice.

Secondly, to address the technology. As Sawtroll has pointed out a few times, some of the "runner up" brands are using technology that is many years old for their flagship models. That is fine. But you have to give credit to Husky and Stihl for putting their necks out and revolutionizing fuel delivery. For those who know outboard motors you will remember what OMC tried with the Ficht technology and it literally cost them the company when it failed. Obviously Husky and Stihl took a more conservative approach but a few growing pains are expected.

Quite a few fan boys on both sides, some don't even know it.

As I've already said, based on the 562's track record, I honestly don't see how anyone could in good faith recommend the 562 to someone as their primary saw, with other known reliable options available. Unless they do in fact have a preferred brand.

You see I try and look at the whole picture, not just my own experiences. No doubt these new saws are more advanced, but that's no excuse for not thoroughly testing a product before it's put on the market IMHO. Yes when things go into production stuff comes up, there will always be the unforeseen issues.

To me it's pretty clear the ball was dropped.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

...But you have to give credit to Husky and Stihl for putting their necks out and revolutionizing fuel delivery... Obviously Husky and Stihl took a more conservative approach but a few growing pains are expected.
What did Husqvarna and Stihl revolutionize about "fuel delivery"? Never heard of that before! If you mean AT/MT, these systems were existant for years, it is only now that two stroke adapted them. The only clever thing they did was bring out so many patents about the systems that no one else would ever have a chance to develop any thing anymore with out comming into conflict. Similar with stratofied engine technology. Decades old technique, just that Zenoah brought out a bunch of patents that no one wanted to fight against. So the simple solution, Stihl bought user rights and Husqvarna bought the company... This is just a typical sign of our time!

I have nothing against "growing pains". Absolutely to be expected and totally normal and nothing special. BUT growing pains for 4-5 years... Sorry but that is for me kind of a strange situation for such a large company. Not a single car brand would survive if they had that type of track record of "growing pains"! And cars are eons more complicated...

But I do credit that Stihl obviously had their "****" together, although they are not considerd by some fan boys here to be the evolutionary top of the line. To be honest I would much rather recomend or buy a Stihl than a Husqvarna because there are about ZERO problems about their system! And when they had a problem they had the cojones to pull a complete line of saw(661), which must have cost them quite a bit of money, and only returned when the problem was solved!

Further I DO credit Dolmar for bringing out their own clever system of stratofied technology without having to buy into any patents of other companies.

So IF we are critisizing any companies of throwing "old technology" onto the market, well sorry but there isn't anyone out there that can be excluded!

Latest posts

Back