Would you climb this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeAce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ice storm victim. Cant really get any equipment close enough because of a narrow as heck driveway and a neighbor who doesnt want anything or anyone on there driveway. It would be a simple job, just a go up an butt tie most of them. Just not enough room to just let em drop. Plus I am afraid one could go brush first and bounce back into neighbors garage. Anyway, sticking to my question....based on these photos...think its safe? The tree has been like this for a week and we had rather strong winds about four nights ago. And also a pounding of a thunder storm last night ....and its still up. I worry alittle about "the hair that broke the camels back" on this one. There are no trees close enough or tall enough to tie in to. View attachment 174168View attachment 174169View attachment 174170View attachment 174171

If someone feels like it could they please explain to me how to post photos so they are just like already there when u click on a thread. OBV i cant figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Bucket that #####! I certainly would watch rigging off it. I'd piece it with a bucket or use a crane. Is there room to wholesale it?

I wouldn't climb that.

174168d1298930623-232323232%7Ffp_%3B4_nu%3D74_7_9%3B5_257_wsnrcg%3D3446389639335nu0mrj-jpg

Bucket that #####! I certainly would watch rigging off it. I'd piece it with a bucket or use a crane. Is there room to wholesale it?

Well , like I said ...neighbor not to friendly and there driveway would make it simple. Piece it out would be a no brainer but they said NO WAY is ANYONE driving a big truck on our driveway. I guess its just "not there problem". The HO drive is very narrow. Even if you squeeze a bucket up drive I dont think it would reach. In fact ....I know it wont. Maybe a smaller crane....a spyder "type" lift would sure the heck solve the problem....It is an insurance job and I know they wanted HO to get a few bids so who knows....I may need to bid it high enough to rent a small lift. If I get it...cool...if not....still cool ...I think someone around here will climb it, just not sure it should be me. But it is very tempting. I really want opions from other skilled climbers who can simply give advice without $$$$$ clouding there judgement. I am smart enough to know this COULD happen to me so....I figure if your judgement is clouded then u wouldnt know it...or it wouldnt be clouded...Know what I mean? LOL

If you're not bidding high enough to afford a lift rental on that deal, then you aren't bidding high enough to climb it.

Well , like I said ...neighbor not to friendly and there driveway would make it simple. Piece it out would be a no brainer but they said NO WAY is ANYONE driving a big truck on our driveway. I guess its just "not there problem". The HO drive is very narrow. Even if you squeeze a bucket up drive I dont think it would reach. In fact ....I know it wont. Maybe a smaller crane....a spyder "type" lift would sure the heck solve the problem....It is an insurance job and I know they wanted HO to get a few bids so who knows....I may need to bid it high enough to rent a small lift. If I get it...cool...if not....still cool ...I think someone around here will climb it, just not sure it should be me. But it is very tempting. I really want opions from other skilled climbers who can simply give advice without $$$$$ clouding there judgement. I am smart enough to know this COULD happen to me so....I figure if your judgement is clouded then u wouldnt know it...or it wouldnt be clouded...Know what I mean? LOL

Then go ahead and climb then:dizzy: What the hell do ya mean clouded. You ask for an opinion and you got one. If you cant make that decision base on being there in person then obviously your not experience enough to know. How the hell do you expect people on here to give you the absolute best advice from a bunch of pics. Clouded!!! Yeah I sure would want lots of money to climb than SOB its not worth it. So I guess im clouded:msp_cursing:

Then go ahead and climb then:dizzy: What the hell do ya mean clouded. You ask for an opinion and you got one. If you cant make that decision base on being there in person then obviously your not experience enough to know. How the hell do you expect people on here to give you the absolute best advice from a bunch of pics. Clouded!!! Yeah I sure would want lots of money to climb than SOB its not worth it. So I guess im clouded:msp_cursing:

I think he meant his judgment is clouded 'cause of the money. lol. But your point is the same as mine, NC, I'd need a lot of money to climb it, more than enough to cover a lift rental.

If you climb that tree and rig it then you better know what kind of forces you'll be putting on that tree. From the looks of the pic most of the forces from rigging on it will end up in that weak spot. Becareful ACE!

I think he meant his judgment is clouded 'cause of the money. lol. But your point is the same as mine, NC, I'd need a lot of money to climb it, more than enough to cover a lift rental.

Yeah maybe im being a little harsh but if he cant figure it himself from looking at it then he shouldn't be climbing that tree.

I climb those all the tim. Thow a line inn the crotch and counter tie it and spend as little time as possible in it. heck i might even give you a price on what I want to do it for you lol!

I climb those all the tim. Thow a line inn the crotch and counter tie it and spend as little time as possible in it. heck i might even give you a price on what I want to do it for you lol!

there you go natewood climb it. :notrolls2:

I would climb it. Like Natewood said. throw a line and tie it on the opposite side to counter your weight. Then throw a second line to the furthest point you'll be climbing and pull on the tree. Have two people pull it. If the tree takes it, you are good to go. Looks like a healthy wood that would most likely support at least 1000 lb.

Ice storm victim. Cant really get any equipment close enough because of a narrow as heck driveway and a neighbor who doesnt want anything or anyone on there driveway. It would be a simple job, just a go up an butt tie most of them. Just not enough room to just let em drop. Plus I am afraid one could go brush first and bounce back into neighbors garage. Anyway, sticking to my question....based on these photos...think its safe? The tree has been like this for a week and we had rather strong winds about four nights ago. And also a pounding of a thunder storm last night ....and its still up. I worry alittle about "the hair that broke the camels back" on this one. There are no trees close enough or tall enough to tie in to. View attachment 174168View attachment 174169View attachment 174170View attachment 174171
Risky gig brother!

Dude...WTF is your problem??? I have plenty of experence i just want some other opions. U need to freakn chill out...

I would climb it. Like Natewood said. throw a line and tie it on the opposite side to counter your weight. Then throw a second line to the furthest point you'll be climbing and pull on the tree. Have two people pull it. If the tree takes it, you are good to go. Looks like a healthy wood that would most likely support at least 1000 lb.

Whatever dude! Climbing it is one thing rigging off of it is another thing. Thats tree has to be rigged if he climbs it the trees is hanging over the house. Shouldn't you be post in the firewwod section.

Yeah maybe im being a little harsh but if he cant figure it himself from looking at it then he shouldn't be climbing that tree.

I wasnt trying to imply that your judgement was "clouded"....GD man...freakn bite my head off

I would climb it without a doubt. Once you get 200-250 lbs out of it then your fine. That number would represent your weight. If its cracking on the way up you might want to re think it, but if that side is solid I would climb it for sure.

Dude...WTF is your problem??? I have plenty of experence i just want some other opions. U need to freakn chill out...

I dont have a problem, seems like you do though:dizzy: Just stating my opinion maybe it sounds harsh but thats my opinion. Yiu don't have to take it. Take natewood and beav700 opinion and climb it. I don't really care what you do. Good Luck! let us know how it goes

I dont even have the job yet. I still need to send in my bid. I need it sent sometime tomorrow. A lift rental will likely price me out depending on who else they get prices from. I know there are guys around here who will climb it. Simple job assuming it stays up.

Back