Would you climb this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I would climb

Ice storm victim. Cant really get any equipment close enough because of a narrow as heck driveway and a neighbor who doesnt want anything or anyone on there driveway. It would be a simple job, just a go up an butt tie most of them. Just not enough room to just let em drop. Plus I am afraid one could go brush first and bounce back into neighbors garage. Anyway, sticking to my question....based on these photos...think its safe? The tree has been like this for a week and we had rather strong winds about four nights ago. And also a pounding of a thunder storm last night ....and its still up. I worry alittle about "the hair that broke the camels back" on this one. There are no trees close enough or tall enough to tie in to. View attachment 174168View attachment 174169View attachment 174170View attachment 174171

Just look at it as if u are tying into a 4 inch limb, normally it would be no problem right. However now the tree has less weight on it so it should be good. I would bee nervous about rigging tho. If,u do just be sure and pre-tension lines as much as possible to prevent shock load., best of luck dude

did u climb?

Did u ever get that job,? If so do u have any pics of u in it? Hope it all went well if u did climb...

It's kinda nice reading P110s posts again in old threads. That guy was a character for sure. :cheers: Matt

I was in the area of that tree a month or so ago and took a detour to go past. It was still standing.

Thanks for revisiting this site.

I was in the area of that tree a month or so ago and took a detour to go past. It was still standing.
I followed this case all the way through last year. My curiosity would not go cold so I am glad you followed up on it. It will be interesting to flow it even more to see what will happen if anything.

I try to follow up on jobs I estimate but don't get. More often than not the customer decides to let the tree sit and "nuttin' homey" happens.

Stay safe and good luck!
Sherm

Well , like I said ...neighbor not to friendly and there driveway would make it simple. Piece it out would be a no brainer but they said NO WAY is ANYONE driving a big truck on our driveway. I guess its just "not there problem". The HO drive is very narrow. Even if you squeeze a bucket up drive I dont think it would reach. In fact ....I know it wont. Maybe a smaller crane....a spyder "type" lift would sure the heck solve the problem....It is an insurance job and I know they wanted HO to get a few bids so who knows....I may need to bid it high enough to rent a small lift. If I get it...cool...if not....still cool ...I think someone around here will climb it, just not sure it should be me. But it is very tempting. I really want opions from other skilled climbers who can simply give advice without $$$$$ clouding there judgement. I am smart enough to know this COULD happen to me so....I figure if your judgement is clouded then u wouldnt know it...or it wouldnt be clouded...Know what I mean? LOL

when the neighbor is an ####### I give them a card and tell them to call me when it laying on top of there Car, House, lawn, and or child and I will drive my tuck on there drive way when it happens to fall quite simple

these people are @#$@ Dumb Leave the tree and let these geniuses figure it out themselves...:angry2:

Back