Would you loan your woodsplitter to your neighbor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have 7 wood burning stoves in your house? Or, you have 7 fire places? Either way, WOW!

The whole loaning tools thing is usually a really bad scenario, as we all know, the "loanee" is generally not going to take care of the equipment as the owner would.

I loaned a 11hp walk behind blower to a friend closing in on 18 yrs ago, 3 year old blower, well maintained, he brings it back to me and says it worked fine and is in a hurry and he will talk to me later. Put the blower in the shop, next morning I am ready to load up the trailer and see a big as#ed hole in the side of the case on this blower. Call him, he does pick up and says, ya that's how you gave to me!!!! I loaned you a blown up $1200 blower?!? BS. So needless to say the friendship ended that day and that was the last tool I have ever loaned.

There are rental places everywhere now, so go and rent to your hearts content is my opinion to loaning out tools.

The whole loaning tools thing is usually a really bad scenario, as we all know, the "loanee" is generally not going to take care of the equipment as the owner would.

I loaned a 11hp walk behind blower to a friend closing in on 18 yrs ago, 3 year old blower, well maintained, he brings it back to me and says it worked fine and is in a hurry and he will talk to me later. Put the blower in the shop, next morning I am ready to load up the trailer and see a big as#ed hole in the side of the case on this blower. Call him, he does pick up and says, ya that's how you gave to me!!!! I loaned you a blown up $1200 blower?!? BS. So needless to say the friendship ended that day and that was the last tool I have ever loaned.

There are rental places everywhere now, so go and rent to your hearts content is my opinion to loaning out tools.
how does that even happen? :confused::wtf:

Latest posts

Back