Would You Rather Make Cake or Pie? (It's not what you think it is!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Rather Make Cake or Pie?

• Total voters

bfrazier

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well this is an easy game - whatever your opinion is - you WIN!
But I'm guessing some of us prefer one way... or the other, not that we always have a choice... but when we do:

So would you rather split your wood into mostly squares (Cake!) or mostly triangles (Pie!) And why is that?

Observe the picture:
cake-or-Pie.jpg

The ONLY way to loose at this game is to not give the rest of us an answer. And tell us why if you have a reason.

Depends how big the round is. I like my splits around 6 inches or so, so if the round is up to 12 inches, I bake me some pie but I like cake if the round is big.
I've seen the pictures of some of the wood you're dealing with. Huge noodle wood! You could make stars or crescent moons for Christ sake!

I prefer cake and that’s what I shoot for. Not every piece lends itself to cake splitting so pie is ok too. Cookies aren’t all that bad either but they really don’t stack worth a crap.

Reason why I prefer cake: easier stacking especially on the laced corners of my stacks and tighter loads in the woodstove.

Cake! If the piece is big enough, otherwise I'll be content with pie.
1. I think cake stacks nicer, particularly the criss-cross end caps of my stacks.
2. I think it is a easier to grab a square piece than a triangular one with one hand. The square pieces don't require me to think if I'm picking up on the point of the triangle which could allow the wood to slip.

Never thought about it, so I went to the desert bar in my wood shed and found both on the buffet. Now I have one more thing to think about

I prefer cake and that’s what I shoot for. Not every piece lends itself to cake splitting so pie is ok too. Cookies aren’t all that bad either but they really don’t stack worth a crap.

Reason why I prefer cake: easier stacking especially on the laced corners of my stacks and tighter loads in the woodstove.

Cake! If the piece is big enough, otherwise I'll be content with pie.
1. I think cake stacks nicer, particularly the criss-cross end caps of my stacks.
2. I think it is a easier to grab a square piece than a triangular one with one hand. The square pieces don't require me to think if I'm picking up on the point of the triangle which could allow the wood to slip.

Cake if it is big enough. But I like 8 inch rounds that don't require splitting best. It needs to be over 14 inch rounds to make use of cake though so 10-14 inch get pie.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You guys all make some great points! Now we all have one more thing to think about.... cookies! :lol:

Thanks for playing along - maybe it will help someone out to try something new.:clap:

Depends on the size of the piece being split. Seeing how we’re referencing the size pictured, I’m a cake guy. Anything small it’s pie.

Latest posts

Back