Would you support an online auction?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want an online auction on arboristsite?

• yes, lets get it

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • no, I will keep to ebay

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • might be cool for some guys.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
Hey guys I thought of something cool to have that wouldn't cost you guys a dime to advertise your stuff. I was thinking of adding an online auction feature. It will be free and won't cost you to put anything on the auction. It will have an ebay kind of format. Reserve prices, etc. Well voice your opinion.
Darin

Darin,

I think it would be cool. A nice way to find some collection saws/parts saws or hot saws or whatever i guess. All hail Darin the innovator.

confused

great idea,you can't get the hard to find parts or top notch expert advice on e-bay:)

Sure, I think it would be a good thing, especially if several pictures could be added in a slide show fashion. Although Ebay will get the greatest exposure, I can continue to draw new comers here by attaching this forums link to my ebay auctions.

Instead of auction, howbout a for sale board of equipment and parts that can be edited by the poster. Would not need to be thread format, just a classified.

Any saws listed must include a SN.

You can use the boards blind e-mail for corispondance or have a valid e-mail/phone listed.

Any fabricated material must have insurance (ie if you are selling split tails you need to be covered for product deffect)

Small fee for each item posted. (except for people with 1000 posts greater [can that be linked to my post count?]) Honor system, Darin justs edits them if you don't pay.

JPS, dont we already have what youre talking about in the Used Equip Forum? I like the auction idea better
And the fee should be waived at 600 posts

I love the idea of an auction...a private...no reserve...slap Lambert in the head,,kind of auction...that way we dont have to go through formalities...if someone ever screws anyone over...do you think they will have the guts to come back? I will start the auction by donating a toy Jonsered chainsaw...plus shipping..(will tell ya the price when I know where the winner is) all proceeds go to HardWoods "make a wish" foundation for kids!!

Lets get at it boys!
and Robyn.( my pretty)

I am all in favor it.I think it would be a great place to buy parts from each other.The only drawback I can see is that we all know how much a saw is worth.I'm sure after a few week everyone is going to say,why should I sell it here when I can get more money for the same saw at the other major auction site.A lot of people on there have no idea what they are worth and will pay way over market value.
Dan

Howdy,

OK, I have a Jonsereds 90 that just sets there. I reringed it, and have no use for such a serious saw.

Regards,
Walt Galer

I can have it up soon. Its a free program and looks pretty nice. I was contemplating on the classifieds but figured people could have the forum to do this. Might incorporate it in the future. The auction will be free at first to get some interest in it.

Well guys this is free so, hopefully you like it, if not, oh well. If you have any ideas for the categories let me know. This is just a few I thought of. I haven't even tried it out....so go ahead and try it. If there are problems let me know. I will ad a link soon. I just wanted you experts to try it soon.:D ....and work the bugs out.

http://scripts.cgispy.com/auctions/auction.pl?user=Darin

Darn, This looks great :) can't wait untill the high powered saws start listing. been thinking about a new 346 or 357. maybe i''ll wait and see.. Thanks It will be great to do bissness with people you can trust!

It looks there are still a few bugs in the system, I listed a saw to get things rolling and when I listed it ,I was also the high bidder.Mmmmmm I think we have some problems.
Dan

What I dont like about it is that it looks like you have bid on your own item.
Dan

Latest posts

Back