wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and 6 1/2' in diameter? but a 59" bar has a foot left. minus the dogs i'd say its more in the 4 - 4 1/2' range.

I work in the Madison area for a very professional tree care company. I have seen these guys around before and I just shake my head. I honestly think there is no excuse for at least not wearing a hard hat. If I did even a quarter of the things they did in that video I would be out of a job. Luckily there are many great tree companies in Madison that do things right. Btw this is all coming from a 23 yr old, just cus your young doesn't mean you have to be dumb... Oh and we are hiring, wouldn't mind having that ground man cus I shake my head way too much at the one I have now...

I work in the Madison area for a very professional tree care company. I have seen these guys around before and I just shake my head. I honestly think there is no excuse for at least not wearing a hard hat. If I did even a quarter of the things they did in that video I would be out of a job. Luckily there are many great tree companies in Madison that do things right. Btw this is all coming from a 23 yr old, just cus your young doesn't mean you have to be dumb... Oh and we are hiring, wouldn't mind having that ground man cus I shake my head way too much at the one I have now...
I just read one of your posts about being injured off-site, OUCH!, although I did think of a better nickname for you here, Halfsac, reminded me of the SOAnarchy character. (I'm not trying to be mean, hell it's the truth! and funny as well) Honestly you might look into a sperm bank just incase you want children.

I just read one of your posts about being injured off-site, OUCH!, although I did think of a better nickname for you here, Halfsac, reminded me of the SOAnarchy character. (I'm not trying to be mean, hell it's the truth! and funny as well) Honestly you might look into a sperm bank just incase you want children.

Haha if only you were the first to call me that! Luckily for me I have a wonderful 9 month old boy but would like to have more. And ya that did hurt quite a bit. I did go into work that Monday morning and took down a maple though (bucket). Maybe I am a little young and dumb sometimes Haha but I can half blame that on my wife for making me wait to go to the doctor!

On that second video at the 3:51 mark the cut ends up jerking the saw out of his hands and bending the bar. The only good thing is he didn't have the saw attached to him that low down!
Both videos didn't show patience and respect for the dangers involved, and am I the only one that saw all the debris on the roof? Seems to me if I'm the homeowner and I saw this video I'm calling my insurance company to send someone out to appraise for a new roof.
Lemme see, what's that saying? "There's old climbers and bold climbers, but no old bold climbers."
Steve
Think I'll call this cowboy and invite him to the thread.

On that second video at the 3:51 mark the cut ends up jerking the saw out of his hands and bending the bar. The only good thing is he didn't have the saw attached to him that low down!
Both videos didn't show patience and respect for the dangers involved, and am I the only one that saw all the debris on the roof? Seems to me if I'm the homeowner and I saw this video I'm calling my insurance company to send someone out to appraise for a new roof.
Lemme see, what's that saying? "There's old climbers and bold climbers, but no old bold climbers."
Steve
Think I'll call this cowboy and invite him to the thread.

I think many of us saw the debris, however; that could be determined to be negligence by the home owner imo. Waiting two years to cut a dead tree is sorta looking for trouble!

I'm surprised he didn't drop the wires off the pole and drop the whole tree. That tree should be 5,000 with a crane but they probably did it for 2,500-2,800.

Here is another "wow" for you guys. Challenge...........find anything done safely.

[video=youtube;JxbJwpr5AeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxbJwpr5AeQ[/video]

I didn't even see that. he's lucky the tree splitting didn't crush him

A few months ago I was removing a med. sized dead cotton wood that was leaning over the neighbors yard. I was catching some long, big dead branches off the main trunk, and a big one did just that, half hitch, and bowline slide off with the bark. Lucky for me it held long enough for it to start swinging a little and missed some classic cars and only taking out a fence rail that I had to replace.

I hate dead cotton wood, or even drought die back tops. I have had that happen on blocking palms down too, last one I cut a cerf for the rope to cinch in.
Paul

removing that tree and no spikes ? then no ropes for rigging next to a house nuts some times in the summer but not in the winter frozen ground the wood bunces right in to the house:hmm3grin2orange:

I've only been climbing a couple months and have yet to get to do a removal on spikes but I'll play the game.

Tennies vs spikes/boots, I never saw a buck strap, no termination knot at the end of his climbing line, almost smoked the house a few times because he didn't rig anything, he was cutting awfully close to his opposite hand when using that hand saw. Wouldn't catch me doing that I like all my fingers to be in good shape and hand saw cuts suck. And that's not mentioning free climbing to set his line higher. :msp_scared:

Looks like he tied his hitch right at least..

Edit: I forgot I was in the commercial climbing section rather than newbie section. My apologies.

well I see not much has changed around here, haters will hate, I'll see y'all in another year, maybe things will be a little different but I doubt it....lol..

Latest posts

Back