wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is just like most of the services here. They just lay them over big and tear all kinds of crap up when they hit, and then they yell "perfect"! Typical hacker ****.

When promoting your business in a video, you might want to:
1. Have your guys wear uniforms.
2. Have your guys wear PPE.
3. Not emphasize the fact that you got lucky and didn't take out the power.
4. Not take out the neighbor's mailbox
5. Not drop a tree in the road
6. Not call your business "Monster" tree service. Might as well change the name to Meathead Tree Service.
Did I miss anything?

7. Don't take "hey look at me, ain't I cool" videos of things that could be used against you in court.

That is just like most of the services here. They just lay them over big and tear all kinds of crap up when they hit, and then they yell "perfect"! Typical hacker ****.

Well here the hacks don't bother to lay down a wood barrier to protect curb or tie lines back. Here they fall it on the power then run before cops get there :hmm3grin2orange:

I doubt seriously he was a meth head, his equipment was clean and running well, he seemed to have energy as well as smoothness, which shows experience not smoke.
That's is as good a vid as i have seen, but like all jobs vs vids, there were probably some down times that long day. I was concerned when they started pulling that it was too tall, and they proved me right, that was too close. Only problem with the whole thing was leaving that loose brush on the tree to hit the lines. That would have been 5-10 minutes and none of use would have had much negative to say about it.

Pretty close to the maple but that was a tighter calculation, the lines were a lucky guess imo.

Cheers thanks for the post.

Thanks to all of you, that was an interesting read. :)

Nice to hear of Tom Trees too!

:)

9. Leave the filming to the client if he/she chooses and just focus on the damn tree work.

9b. Unless of course you're makin a movie...then just leave the tree work to the tree guys!

Dumb question time (haven't worked with that species dead like that myself in NZ)

If the barks peeling all over the place, is it save to rope the limbs like that, not just lacking having another hitch in the line but isn't there a risk of it sleeving off?

I do hope his fliplines steel core in the second vid, that smoking bull line gets aweful close to running over it if it doesn't actually do it.

Hes young, he doesn't appreciate the consequence of his mistakes....yet

Dumb question time (haven't worked with that species dead like that myself in NZ)

If the barks peeling all over the place, is it save to rope the limbs like that, not just lacking having another hitch in the line but isn't there a risk of it sleeving off?

I do hope his fliplines steel core in the second vid, that smoking bull line gets aweful close to running over it if it doesn't actually do it.

Yeah there is a risk but his rope runner is smooth. I agree he is young addicted to challenge 25 % trained but he needs to keep that groundiie working the ropes. If he had some of the groundies I seem to get it would have been bad , no room for shock load on that one! He will lose a limb eventually using only a bowline too bad he decided to think he is ready for his own show because he has enough balls to be trainable. I think he either will have a close call that will wise him up or he will get hurt but that's just my opinion . That is the problem with this industry too many out there with only basic skills and big kahonies :cheers:

Cottonwoods can be skechy even when not dead with very little holding wood in the limbs. In my experience dead Elms are the worst for sleeving off, I just peel it off before rigging it.

Dead elms are a suckfest. On most dead trees I usually do a light cut through the bark along the limb (couple feet long usually) if the bark peels off easy from there I always take it off before roping it. My favourite is dead pines on spikes when a landscapers yards worth of bark rides down the trunk to meet you.

This guy could aslo have been reaised in the industry by a working owner father, and have a lot of exp. Just showing of now that the show is his to show. I can see him wanting to do so for the camera, and the footage may be somewhat time lapsed too, I don't see him moving that fast so everything we saw sans the falling might have been x3 speed which would make him look careless. Still a cool vid.

That's a pretty good theory B, I like it, still with all the close calls and the boat... You gotta wonder how much SKILL he really picked up from daddy, just sayin.

I've worked with two guys raised in the biz, one is a true master(he obviously paid attention), and one a rebel that could barely drag brush, we had to let him go...

A few months ago I was removing a med. sized dead cotton wood that was leaning over the neighbors yard. I was catching some long, big dead branches off the main trunk, and a big one did just that, half hitch, and bowline slide off with the bark. Lucky for me it held long enough for it to start swinging a little and missed some classic cars and only taking out a fence rail that I had to replace.

..........care. Here is his PM to me

Careful there TreePig, hate to see you troubled with violation of the rules here.

7. ..... Nor are e-mails or private messages from current or former members allowed to be posted in open forums as they are easily manipulated.

on the willow, I never drop pieces of the stem that are longer than I am up high. the tip will hit and the butt will smash you.

on another note, I broke my second chain link fence today. I did everything right. #### happens. but I would not have dropped that cottonwood like that. the splash alone had to have damaged something.

Back