Wrench for Remington spark plug.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first generation plug remover was a left over wrench from a air die grinder that I ground out. It works, but the material in not really hard enough to remove an overtightened plug.

attachment.php

Not pretty by any stretch, but it got the job done in a pinch.

Next on the list, is a way to get those carb nuts loose.

attachment.php

attachment.php

standard 7/16 wrench that has made many trips to the grinder.

attachment.php

Once again, not pretty, but functional.

lastly....the paint. I've handled a few Remington's in my time and the once great consistency among them was the lack of professionally quality paint and paint finishes. I've seen the plug wires clean, partly painted and completely painted. same goes with cylinder fins, recoil rotors, the works. Seems no rhyme or reason to the madness. even as far as no consistency to the shade of the color(not sun fade either). I have some saws, that if looked upon closely, you will see different shades of red on individual components. As Randy has pointed out, seems the paint was never made to last. Especially on the Bantam series saws. It is rare to come across one with all it`s paint still intact. To me it is one of the pitfalls of collecting saws with such beautiful lines IMHO

attachment.php

attachment.php

Crane, thank you for showing us your modified tools, a great help.
I think my 754 has the original plug in it. :laugh:

McCullochs seem to have the toughest paint and runs are rare, overspray is common.

First I made one of those cheap stihl wrenches work. I heated it
up and in large it.
Then I took one of those spark plug sockets that you would get
in a kit for an atv or dirt bike, Cut it down and drilled a new hole,
A piece of small pipe and a bolt. Works great.:msp_smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This old thread popped up in my 'likes'.

So I figured i should document my Bantam type plug wrench solution.

You need a flat 13/16" el-cheapo wrench to fit between the top of the cylinder and the housing. Use the correct plug, a J6J or equivalent. The usual shorty CJ6 puts the hex in the wrong location.

attachment.php

The above flea market wrench is around 1/8"-3/16" thick.

I have an original Remington sparkplug wrench that works on the super 754 and the others with the little guard in the way. I also decided to make one that was identical just to see if it could be done. They both work great20190518_152154.jpg

This old thread popped up in my 'likes'.

So I figured i should document my Bantam type plug wrench solution.

You need a flat 13/16" el-cheapo wrench to fit between the top of the cylinder and the housing. Use the correct plug, a J6J or equivalent. The usual shorty CJ6 puts the hex in the wrong location.

attachment.php

The above flea market wrench is around 1/8"-3/16" thick.

a6488456486be6310969b180d3ff1512.jpg

My friends Mr. Bowsaw and Drew Crane have long been absent. [emoji22]

Latest posts

Back