• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB 394xp oem cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suttererman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I bought a nice 394xp and has a broken piston and am assuming it needs a jug. I don’t have it yet in my possession. Anyone have a good oem cylinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sutterman, _ _ _ you just Struck-Gold.
_ _ _ _ this is what is good about this site. Assistance can be found within the interest groups.

My father gave me his old 394XP a few years back. It had been years since he had used it and he told me it had quit on him the last time he used it and could not get it to restart. The last saw he gave me with the same problem wound up having a hole burned through the top of the piston. :)
Anyway, I spent "hours" cleaning and disassembling this saw to be able to use it, and the culprit was the kill switch wire had got loose and clamped which with vibrations, wore through the insulation and grounded out. I have used it for 2-wood cutting seasons now with great success, and made an adapter to mount a green-weenie air cleaner element. We have 36-inch Digger Pine that I scrounge off of Craigslist here in Shasta County, California, where the Carr Fire burned 1,100 homes in July.
The Digger Pines ( Gray Pine ) can grow to 80-feet and a 42-inch butt is common, and a booger to move 16-inch rounds by hand. How much does a hernia operation cost ?
We burn 6-chords of Pine each heating season for a 1550 sq ft home.

I am a member of the CJ2A Willys jeep interest forum, and have a '46 needing a transmission input shaft. I made mention in a thread one evening last week, and the next day one of the other members sent me a PM with a link to Debella's jeep parts and within a week I had my new shaft ( driven-gear ). The little 4-cylinder flat-head jeeps are Fun, and we can carry our chain saws in them.
One of the members the other day mentioned that he finally got his wife talked into going for a jeep ride across town, and she said only if they stopped to visit the in-laws.
To his luck, the weather turned, and it began raining so they had to dart home quickly, and narroly missed …… having dinner with the In-Laws !

Back