• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB 50 - 55cc mid-grade saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistermojo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy, I'm looking to replace my Stihl 025 with something beefier. I'd like something in the 50 - 55cc range in Stihl, Husqvarna, or Jonsered brands. Weight is somewhat of a factor, have messed with a couple Stihl 029's and they run a bit heavy for my liking. Will be using primarily to clear trails and deer hunting area. Occasional tree felling and limbing.

I am not going to put a price out there for now - just offer me your best deal and we'll go from there. Your quoted price needs to include shipping to 55427 and must come with at least 1 chain and bar, although preferably more than 1 chain.

Let's see what you've got to sell me!

PM sent,

But at least in the Stihl lineup, your criteria for weight/power/CC's will be hard to meet with a stock saw. The weight of an 025 at 45cc is tough to beat.

You may wanna consider a muff mod, timing advance and H needle adjustable carb (if not equipt) before another saw.

If you can find a 550xp in your price range I would jump on it. Pretty nimble and feels light to me.
Russ

Latest posts

Back