• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade WTB Jonsereds 90. WTT/WTS Husqvarna 371 and 61 parts saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palionu

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've always dreamed of owning a Jonsereds 90. I'm a saw mechanic and I just, love the feel of older saws (we have a McCullough 1-10, a Sears Roebuck (120cc saw? i'll get the info soon.. it's heavier than an MS880 or 3120) and a Homelite 26LCS. My first saw was a Craftsman 2.0 top handle. I acquired a mint condition Homelite XL-12 with the expensive and also alluring blue, as the saw along with original receipts of sale and all paperwork. I gave that to my best friend. He loves old saws as much as me.

When I saw the Jonsereds 49sp that I now own, I dropped dead the moment i fired it up. No CARB, no EPA BS.. it was like starting a bike for the first time. I saw the Jonsereds 90... my first thought, "Star Wars Star Destroyer". I knew and know how much I love my 49sp.. if i get a 90. I will baby it and follow proper procedures that would otherwise void a Stihl warranty... did you know that if you don't clean your saw daily -OR- after every use, it voids your warranty?

Price? I work in a retail hardware saw shop.. I'm not rich but I have access to PAINT! All I ask for is, a strong running saw that will help me mill slabs of redwood to make countertops in the RV my girlfriend and I bought together.

Enough Talk. Sorry.

Parts Saws:

Husqvarna 371XP (1998). Unbroken crankcase. Extra parts include an OEM 372 clutch assembly, aftermarket clutch cover replaced entirely with OEM Husqvarna parts (including the rubber chip deflector), a new filter, OEM Western Felling Spikes (log dawgs, the GIANT ones).

Husqvarna 61 (1989). rebuilt with a 52mm Big Bore kit from Hutzl. I could not devote the time to get this saw running. Replaced crankcase cover with an aftermarket 272 cover. Bar is bent.

As Is for parts, I will search and rummage for oem parts.

I have a 24" Husqvarna bar + several chains (how many? I will search and update any potential buyer). I have a 20" Farm blade for Husky as well with at least 3 unused chains (again, i will update, as per protocol).

I will post photos once I know how (I use Ubuntu OS). Photos available upon request.

When selling, I believe in open and honest communication. If you have a question or doubt, please state that. I will happily get into the 'nitty-gritty' of the matter and hopefully, help out.

Shipping will be exact, via the UPS Store in town. I tend to trust them more after seeing Tom Hanks languish over a volleyball but realistically, I have NEVER received a damaged package from them.

Jonsereds 90 is taken care of. The parts saws are for sale and I will include whatever parts leftover.

The 371xp NEEDS a rebuild. it is seized. i bought the parts in a hope of resurrecting it. The chainbrake area has heavy pitting so i was unable to rebuild it. i planned on having a permanent mill attach to it as it was used by a client's firewood business. i will need to take photos, no problem.

The Bars and chains will work on either saw. The RV we bought requires too much of my time (it'a kinda like buying, a cheaply built house).

Also interested in the 61 if dynomite76 does not and up wanting. Possibly also interested in 371 after seeing pics and prices

I'll get more photos later. My girlfriend's car stopped working (ignition coil or fuel pump).

Attachments

• IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 59
I am unsure of the value, but i would rather ship them off at a lower cost over say, haggle and go nowhere.

sorry guys, i am really pressed for time so i will respond as i can. the 371xp has a pending sale.

The 61, is not original. it has a Hutzl Big Bore Kit. i will find whatever original parts it had and include them in the sale.

I work full time at the local hardware store while doing sidejobs to make ends meet (rent is seriously bad on the SF Peninsula).

$75+ actual shipping costs for the 61. I will have to box and have shipping estimates calculated. luckily, i have access to Husky boxes but again with time being a factor, or lack thereof, please be patient. i have no time to devote to these two saws and instead rely on my Echo CS-490 and Jonsered 49sp for my work.

with time being a factor, i will only ask for the $ the day before i am able to ship either one out.

I need to go through the bars + chains. i may have some goodies in the mix. i have quite a few unused chains.

okay, i will take them in to get drained/packed on Friday. i have saved a couple boxes but if it arrives in a Stihl/Echo box, please don't kill me X.x

I will ship both saws out Monday or so (small town).

both saws have been reserved. i will pack them tomorrow and get fair estimates on shipping ASAP.

Back