• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB McCulloch 1-42 pull rope parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh_m

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I came across a old 1-42 recently. Saw has been in the weather for some time and the pull rope assembly is seized up tight! The aluminum is corroded up pretty bad.
Suggestions or if someone’s got the parts to fix it. I’m interested. Thanks all.
0c6f7c43755321ee377e91ad237b1e2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it may have been exposed to salt air so I woul look inside of everything for more corrosion before committing too many resources to it. This saw was produced under many 1-numbers as well as 250 with not too many changes, and easily restored or even running examples aren't too hard to find at reasonable prices. If you decide to go ahead, I think I have a starter you can have for the cost of shipping

Thanks Jay. The saw looks like it’ll clean up. And seems to have some compression just turning it over by hand. It’s hard to tell for sure without having the recoil assembly and doing a compression test. I don’t mind spending a few bucks to check it over. I’ll take you up on your offer, and if the compression test tanks, I’ll mail it back to you. I’ll send you a pm thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back