• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Want to buy Wtb Stihl 046-460

strtspdlx

strtspdlx

ArboristSite Guru
I just bought my first house after selling my beloved 460s. I can't afford to spend 4-500 for a runner so if anyone has parts or a blown up saw they'd like to sell me please let me know. Id like to do firewood this year and make some furniture. Let this be a lesson. Never listen to your wife and sell your tools. I know the sob story is pointless but I'd like to show you guys how much I'm kicking myself in the rear right now for selling my saws.

Regards-Carlo

strtspdlx

strtspdlx

ArboristSite Guru
I'm not talking eBay prices. I sold good running saws for 400-500 when I had them. Rediculous pricing isn't me. 460s where only 850$ new before the 461 came out.

Regards-Carlo

Frogfarmer

Frogfarmer

ArboristSite Operative
Runners in the $400-$500 range are out there. I know where two are right now but I wouldn't have them. Guy who has them buys the cheapest aftermarket parts he can get and bandaids them together. They may be fine but it's a risk. I'm sure some of the other stuff out there is the same way. Buyer beware.

Adam Smith

Adam Smith

ArboristSite Operative
I have one that I would possibly sell. It is a 460 with a new tank all oem stihl parts. It has a duel port muffler a 3/4 wrap handle the timing has been advanced and has been ported. All in all it is a pretty nice clean saw just don't have a use for it no more.