• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold WTS Jonsered 2152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do u know the 3rd one was right?
U could have 10 of them and get 2or3 the same,so which one is correct.
Most of us cant go out and buy 3 gauges just to see.
how do we know ,does somebody make a check gauge?

Haha, I heard an expression once, "man with one watch always knows what time it is, man with two watches is never sure."

I think it turned out to be something like gauge #1 said 165psi, gauge #2 said 143psi and gauge #3 said 138psi. I took it that gauge #1 was most off, and don't use that one anymore.

I wouldn't advocate buying a bunch, unless you hold onto sales receipts and there is a fair return policy. Also, these usually say "accurate to within +-5psi" or something.

Or you could just ask some people to bring their gauges to the next GTG and have a comparison to see if there are any outliers.

But the end point here is that this saw has better compression than your brother's saw, and about equal compression as another 50cc saw that is often described as "high compression", and squish is set at a modest 0.024

So........did the saw sell?
Is there a video in wood?

Scott (re-asking please) B

Come on guys.......quit busting his balls. He is just trying to sell his saw. If his gauge is off, its not off as much as you guys think. Here is my bone stock Dolmar pushing 180 psi.

Attachments

• 20150905_214414_resized.jpg
    20150905_214414_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • 20150905_214414_resized.jpg
    20150905_214414_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
Tapatalk won't load videos and I don't have Facebook. I can take one and send it to someone who can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do video if you use your phone, can't remember exactly but it is an option.
Beyond that, the flack you're getting is bull. There is a thread somewhere that Treemonkey talks about the trapped compression, you can have high psi and still have safe trapped compression ratio. I think it was 2153 deluxe thread. Please think before you bash someone, he's in a rough patch and has to sell his saw, something each of us would not enjoy.

might want to take your guage and someone else that will let you borrow there and see if they are the same. i think it is off 15 - 20 psi but i could be wrong

Back