• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade WTT Mastermind 288xp for Hotrod Chevy Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrush128

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Okay, so I know this is an odd request, but it's worth a shot....
So my fathers very first car, a 1955 Chevy 210 post, has been sitting in his garage for 20 years, and it spent 20 years before that under a tarp outside. He has always had the intention of restoring it, but just never had the money. The car has lots of sentimental value, and I'd love it if I could get it on the road for him to enjoy. Funds are tight, so I've decided to get creative...
I'd like to trade a very nice 288xp for some parts that I need to get this car on the road. The saw has less than 1 tank through it since Randy ported it.
Parts I'm looking for....
-Muncie 4-speed
-12 Bolt posi rear axle
-performance heads
-350 sbc rotating assembly
-clutch/flywheel/bellhousing (sbc 350)
-750cfm carb (vac secondaries)
-1955 Chevy Fenders / repair panels
-1955 Chevy trunk lid
-1955 Chevy trunk floor
-1955 Chevy quarter panels
-HEI distributor / ignition

May consider other parts....

I'm not looking for cash offers at this time; trades only. If I decide to sell it, I'll start a new thread...

f571379d44f690a028b639c060cf7210.jpg

d2ab2018e2be130e294c071519938659.jpg

fd29e2fef04fe55dae5de28533d2b38e.jpg

dcec25387bf7afca8b3b88fbe65a3937.jpg

fd3f1d29ade679ad0847fe2fcf565d20.jpg

02d709d3bc0cf2a24ca47b6432a92ae5.jpg

What kind of performance heads are we talking, aftermarket aluminum like Brodix or Dart or a set of Vortec iron heads? Also, what Muncie are you looking for, technically a SM465 is a 4 speed but it's not a rock crusher and probably not the ratio you are looking for...

I currently have vortec heads, but I'd like to find a set of dart or similar quality.

I'm not looking for any radical race heads. I'm building this motor with the intention of running it on pump gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a full standard bore 350 in parts. Long Block.

2 bolt mains.

a set of 5.7 and 5.65" rods.

A moderate crane cam.

A standard size small journal 327 Chevy OEM forged steel crank.

It's a shame you don't want BBC or LS parts, I have TONS of stuff piled up.. And I mean high quality stuff not junkyard salvage.

I've been building engines for nearly 30 years, its amazing how much stuff piles up.

I've considered building both, but it all comes back to the budget.

What kind of performance heads are we talking, aftermarket aluminum like Brodix or Dart or a set of Vortec iron heads? Also, what Muncie are you looking for, technically a SM465 is a 4 speed but it's not a rock crusher and probably not the ratio you are looking for...
As far as the transmission is concerned, I'd like to get either an M-21 or M-22.

I have a 350 that I'm tryin to decide what to do with. It's bore 30 over currently and has a flat tappet cam. I want to build a vortec roller motor for my truck so I might be letting this one go. Right now I have it broken down so the bores can be measured and block hot tanked. If it's in tolerance it will be put back together and be up for sale. It will get new freeze plugs, bearings and seals.

It's a shame you don't want BBC or LS parts, I have TONS of stuff piled up.. And I mean high quality stuff not junkyard salvage.

I've been building engines for nearly 30 years, its amazing how much stuff piles up.

it really is scary isn't it. only took me 3 years and i had over 20 blocks stashed away. i was just claiming near every one i saw listed for near nothing LOL. cashed all the 4 bolt 350 blocks, 400 cranks, few 327 blocks, and a ton of other AM stuff for a huge chunk of the down payment of my house a few years ago and scrapped the rest. LOL

Sure do wish i could tear my cousins 69 nova apart right now.its in my way and every time he fires it up it either gets a new body,transmission or rearend.the motor is a balanced and blueprinted 350 drag motor with two 750's and a tunnel ram.last body it was in was a vega and had 800 pounds of inch thick plate steel in the trunk to catch traction.last trip it took was end over end 7 times while his buddy was holding the shifter in the transmission.
I'm no chevy guy at all but it is impressive.3rd body it wound up in the nova.then went through 2 rear ends and finally a muncie rock crusher.the piece of junk now sets on jack stands in my way.next time around may be its last trip.it's just not meant for road use.:laugh: last time i was in it was at 190 with the rear end grinding.

Lots of great offers, but I still have not finalized a deal yet. I'm really hoping that one of you has a Muncie M21 or M22 laying around...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of great offers, but I still have not finalized a deal yet. I'm really hoping that one of you has a Muncie M21 or M22 laying around...
Chris,

I'm back from Philly,PA last night, I have to finish up the furnace job today. If I have time this evening, I'll go over and see what type of muncie trans. that I have, and the model number on these new complete edelbrock heads that we talk about earlier.
Yes, I do have a new edlebrock RPM AL. intake manifold for 4 BBL setup also still in the box.
I'll keep in touch, Henry

Chris,

I'm back from Philly,PA last night, I have to finish up the furnace job today. If I have time this evening, I'll go over and see what type of muncie trans. that I have, and the model number on these new complete edelbrock heads that we talk about earlier.
Yes, I do have a new edlebrock RPM AL. intake manifold for 4 BBL setup also still in the box.
I'll keep in touch, Henry

Sounds good Henry!

Back