X-Bull chainsaw compared to Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you run 25:1? Just a question, not trying to start anything, like I may have done in the past. Thanks for the link.

Iffin I said, it would turn it in to another oil thread.
80985389a2a1bd0d32c3c0bd5c89c762.jpg

You get what you pay for.

Yes, and that thing shows all signs of being Chinese crap, including a recommendation of 25:1 mix.

It looks like another version of the crappy 52 - 58cc saws that can be ordered by the pallet in any color you like, to put your own labels on for scam purposes (has been very common at last in parts of Europe).

In this case it doesn't look like such a scam though, just another "brand" name on the thing.

Looks like a POS to me.

I’d rather have an old, good saw for that money, or at the least a Chinese saw with a real brand name on it .

I bought a Champion generator last year. It has been under cover all the time. The “rubber” parts are failing very quickly, like the battery strap and the terminal covers. It runs well, but we’ll see how it holds up. I have my doubts, but I hope I am pleasantly surprised. The Honda it replaced was abused for 25 years and was still running perfectly...it just became hard to start because Honda had and still has no idea how to properly leverage a pull start on most of their equipment (it became impossible for my wife to start and even difficult for me at times). 30 below in the winter is a different realm of starting stuff. The Champion is electric start and works well. It is my first Chinese gas-engined thing.

We’ll see.

Ok, after all that putting it down I must say;

You never know until you try. The damn thing might be an indestructible torque monster.

Or not.

I like the aluminum case construction, for one thing. The on/off switch is cheesy, there’s no pic of the air filter, the bar might be ok for a cheap bar, it appears to be fairly light and powerful by the specs...

The bar studs are at least the correct length. I’ve seen some pics of Chinese saws that had too long or too short studs.

Now that all established brands are sourcing in China it won’t be long until the Chinese stuff is actually right up there in quality, imo.

They could’ve at least used an Echo type switch. Simple, strong, reliable.

But not all zooty and cool lookin’

X-Bull

:chainsaw: :ices_rofl:

Looks like a POS to me.

I’d rather have an old, good saw for that money, or at the least a Chinese saw with a real brand name on it .

I bought a Champion generator last year. It has been under cover all the time. The “rubber” parts are failing very quickly, like the battery strap and the terminal covers. It runs well, but we’ll see how it holds up. I have my doubts, but I hope I am pleasantly surprised. The Honda it replaced was abused for 25 years and was still running perfectly...it just became hard to start because Honda had and still has no idea how to properly leverage a pull start on most of their equipment (it became impossible for my wife to start and even difficult for me at times). 30 below in the winter is a different realm of starting stuff. The Champion is electric start and works well. It is my first Chinese gas-engined thing.

We’ll see.

Unless some miracle has happened lately with those saws, it surely is crap.

They need to. They are both way over priced. If Dolmar and Echo can do it for less, then so can Husqvarna and Stihl.
3 sold yesterday and 3 more today. If this keeps up Stihl and Husky may have to lower their price.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That's pretty much the exact same saw as my timberpro6150 and older cs4600 which I turned into a 5200 for 25 bucks.
I did a bunch of porting and a whole thread about it.
After porting both, the 62 is only a hair stronger than the 52, these saws need bigger carbs/intakes/ports not more displacement. I have bigger intakes made and I ordered bigger carbs for mine but they no showed so I need to order them again and wait a little longer.
These saws compete with 50-55 cc homeowner/rancher saws like the husky 455 rancher or stihl 291 not pro level 60cc saws. If you weigh it or run it back to back with a 50cc saw you will see its a 50cc class saw, they're pretty light so its not a huge deal that they're not 60cc pro saw fast.
Neither one of mine has a throttle lock for starting and neither one needs it, once tuned properly they start great.

In my area, I have never seen one of those brands. To be honest, if it wasn’t for AS I never would have heard of them.

The zenoah clones are getting some attention around here. Compared to the lowered end name brand saws they can be a bargain. Most of the box store junkvarnas are non serviceable at dealerships or the service is not affordable in relation to the cost of replacing the saw and the low end Stihl are low end Stihls, same thing only worse in regards to $. The only real competition to the zenoah clones is Echo, and again almost zero dealer support for service in terms of warranty or affordability.

The zenoah clones are getting some attention around here. Compared to the lowered end name brand saws they can be a bargain. Most of the box store junkvarnas are non serviceable at dealerships or the service is not affordable in relation to the cost of replacing the saw and the low end Stihl are low end Stihls, same thing only worse in regards to $. The only real competition to the zenoah clones is Echo, and again almost zero dealer support for service in terms of warranty or affordability.
Any of those companies possibly going to be at the Paul Bunyan Festival?

I have no idea what goes on at the Paul Bunyan show. There is a Tanaka dealer local, sales and service, not sure why he would go, not his market.

The rest are coming from the internet or Home Depot, Menards, etc. The are some vendors that sell the clones in the box out the door but they are usually located around the bigger cities, Columbus, Cleveland, etc. Unaware of any near Cambridge.

The Tanaka’s are not a bargain as a servicing dealer and parts distribution drives up the price of the retail product.

I think I'm gona pick one up. I doubt it will become a go to saw but for the price it will be fun to play with.

I have been using the $109.00 Ryobi from Home Depot. No issues as of yet. Tune up kit is off the shelf availible as well if it needed fuel lines, filters or a spark plug, bars and chains are also off the shelf.

The overall fit and finish is better than Blue Max with exception of the air filter. The major drawback is the single post chainbrake.

The cylinder has a t-port for easy pull start so that is probably a drawback for some folks interested in modifying it.

Latest posts

Back