X Tube heat shrink for handle wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since you have two threads about it going now and guys poking fun I'll share some info. In my 056 thread I didn't care for the conversation to be happening in there since its a for sale thread.. and I also liked the idea that I was the only one using it because it gave my saws a unique look.

But first I haven't been logged into O. P. E since Monday because Randy banned me for a minor disagreement and misunderstanding I had with him. Not sure I really want to be apart of a forum that will ban you when you don't break any rules but disagree with the guy in charge..

Anyways, I started using it a couple years ago. Not sure how I came across it. I've had it on a few of my personal saws for over a year now and seems to be holding up fine. I'm sure in the hands of a faller it would wear out pretty quick. The black stuff does discolor a bit once it gets dirty.

Pro's:
Unique look
Grippy texture

Cons:
Price
its only 2:1 so tight bends can be difficult or impossible to not get wrinkles
can be difficult to install.

When installing its best to get the size near the diameter of the handle since its only 2:1. Problems with that is installing it can be tough. Often the ends wont fully tighten up. For this problem I use some 3:1 black heat shrink to cover the ends. You can also add some string under it in a spiral pattern to add some extra grip and girth. These pictures will explain what I'm trying to say much better.
IMG_8679.jpg IMG_8870.jpg

Back