Yes or No to Logrite Log Stand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maul ratt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 60" Logrite Peavey and love it. I decided to buy their log stand after using the peavey a few weeks. I think it works good for lifting the log up to cut with a chainsaw and not hittting the ground and dulling the blade. It also works great for pulling the big rounds off the ground where they recently froze to the ground.
Sometimes I find the log stand to be a little heavy and clumsy and seem to like the peavey without it too. What do others think? I'm thinking about keeping an allen wrech strapped to the peavey so I can take it on and off at ease. I might even try to replace the allen screws with wing nut screws for easy removal and replacement. Anybody try these ideas? What do you Logrite owners prefer?:popcorn:

I have a 60" Logrite Peavey and love it. I decided to buy their log stand after using the peavey a few weeks. I think it works good for lifting the log up to cut with a chainsaw and not hittting the ground and dulling the blade. It also works great for pulling the big rounds off the ground where they recently froze to the ground.
Sometimes I find the log stand to be a little heavy and clumsy and seem to like the peavey without it too. What do others think? I'm thinking about keeping an allen wrech strapped to the peavey so I can take it on and off at ease. I might even try to replace the allen screws with wing nut screws for easy removal and replacement. Anybody try these ideas? What do you Logrite owners prefer?:popcorn:

I have the 78" cant hook version and just leave the log stand on all the time. It works great. I get into some big oak, pine, and fir (36" plus) regularly and it pops the logs right up off the ground for clean cuts.

I cut most of the way through the log, then use my peavey to turn it, then I finish the cut. I see no need at all for log stands. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Try it sometime, fall the tree, limb it, then saw into it all along, buck it right though in a clear spot (where there is a space between the log and the ground), so you can roll it with the peavey. A big log will have to be pieced more than a small log. I cut with the back of the bar, be carefull of the tip, always stand to one side when bucking.

I cut most of the way through the log, then use my peavey to turn it, then I finish the cut. I see no need at all for log stands. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Try it sometime, fall the tree, limb it, then saw into it all along, buck it right though in a clear spot (where there is a space between the log and the ground), so you can roll it with the peavey. A big log will have to be pieced more than a small log. I cut with the back of the bar, be carefull of the tip, always stand to one side when bucking.

That works too.:clap:

I do the same. cant dog it. I wouldn't mind trying a timberjack though, just because it's faster......one cut and all.
Is that what your talking about (Log stand for the peavey?) That cross bracket that can be removed? Always knew that tool as a timberjack and if I was ever to get another I get one. I currently have two cant dogs older than me though so it might be a while:greenchainsaw:

:greenchainsaw: Yes, check out the peaveys at www.logrite.com and you will see the timberjacks sold seperately for around $25. They fit the peaveys and cant hooks they sell. The aluminum contruction is awesome. I've really pushed hard to free the logs froze to the ground. I know the wood handles would eventually break with the pressure put on them. I like being able to adapt the tool to a peavey to a timberjack in a couple minutes. I can't decide which method I prefer yet because they both work great in their own respects.

I have the same peavey and I agree with thoughts. I just had mine out the other day and thought the stand was getting in the way as I was only using it to turn the logs (30" red oak) I like the idea about the wing nuts because I'm sure i'll lose the allen wrench in the woods.

I leave mine on all the time,mine came with a rubber holder attached to it for the allen wrench,so far it's still there and hasn't disappeared.

Back