Yes, you can buy happiness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do believe I have....:clap:

sshd.jpg

After a brutal 2.5 week wait, my Super Split HD showed up yesterday. Put it together last night, and got to play with it today. It is a good bit better built than what it may appear on the interenet. The two flywheels at 74 pounds a piece do well at busting through rounds. It will stall on the same knots that my hydraulic will creep and groan on, but why again am I splitting knots..? Saw them things out. 24" rounds, no problem. This machine is every bit as good as advertised if not more. Darn shame the Mrs has to park in the drive now rather than the garage... ;)

:givebeer:

sharpen the wedge....it WILL go through anything...might have to hit it 3-4 times but it will split the knottyist wood known to man.

I do believe you are correct. The way the wood actually splits is far different than with a hyd unit. Hard maple on the hyd would compress then pop. This unit just slices through. The knots in the wood get cut through rather than crushed. You have to abandon your hyd concepts to understand the dynamics of this machine....:clap:

:givebeer:

elevate the front with a cookie,so its off of level...makes the hammer go back better. also put a s hook or something in the rear of the rack housing to hang a small paint scraper....need to keep the center of the beam clean were the little roller rolls.

elevate the front with a cookie,so its off of level...makes the hammer go back better. also put a s hook or something in the rear of the rack housing to hang a small paint scraper....need to keep the center of the beam clean were the little roller rolls.

Good ideas. I was going to mount a little bucket or tub with the scraper and a small can of WD, perhaps a brush to keep it all clean.

during the winter the snow on the rounds acts as lube...i dont use lube otherwise....works fine if you keep it clean and elevated during summer.
even if the hammer dont go back all the way,just push it back with your hand or the next round that youre puttin on it.

Money can buy anything, If you got enough, I never did. Nice splitter. Looks like you got a few rounds to play with.:cheers:

Nice!!! I want to order mine next week hopefully. I need to sell a few saws I bought to flip and collect a couple more pay checks. Then the ~50 cords of tops I have cut up are gonna meet there match.:clap::clap:

Good Job,,have yet to see one in person,but like the speed of the ones i have viewed on the web

I had not seen one in person either until it showed up at the door. I watched the videos on youtube and read about the thing here for a year before deciding that I had to have one. It is certainly something to see one in action up close...:)

How much?:confused:

This model being the HD, with production table and shipping from MA to MN cost me right around $3200. Not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. I sell a good bit of firewood, and see this unit paying for itself rather quickly.

I love mine. Wait until you see how much wood that thing splits on one tank of fuel. Also a nice sharp hatchet is good to have around. You'll learn with time how to read the wood and make it split better. They really are a great production splitter. Also have a spare bearing or 2 around. The one that rides on the beam. They will go out. It takes a while but it's better to have one on hand so you can keep working. They only cost $5 or so. No your going to want an elevator also. Congrats.

Scott

This model being the HD, with production table and shipping from MA to MN cost me right around $3200. Not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. I sell a good bit of firewood, and see this unit paying for itself rather quickly.

$3200???? My maul&wedges were hand me downs, and my burly guns do the rest.

Am I the only one who thinks that thing is kind of light weight (flismy/rickety/cheaply made) to cost that much?:jawdrop:

Back