Yes, you can buy happiness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this on a crotch piece. When you have a Y split the lead on each side in half(the edges of the Y). The turn the piece you have left around. Set the piece on it's side.(split side on the beam) and split it. After it is split you know have 2 y's. Split both y's right in the middle of the crotch. It works like a charm.

Scott

That is the exact same way I attach crotches when hand splitting. A SS works just the same as hand splitting, it is just that the operator does not get tired as quickly, and the wood piles up faster.

Wow

Heres a Vid of the Super Split off the tube, looks pretty nifty. I like to see where the wedge splits the wood though to get the perfect size, looks like it would take a little getting used to. Very cool though!

object>

That is nice. If i had the money i would get one" Think i would keep the old Husky around to split the big rounds in the vertical position though.

Biggest I have done on mine is 24". Any bigger I will noodle it first so as to save my back. Splits the 24's just fine, no slower pushing it through the wedge than a 6" piece. Depending on the wood you may have to split the bottom half of the round, then flip it over and split it again to get the 24 into halves, after that watch out....:)

I believe the wedge is perhaps six to eight inches tall. It appears smaller than what most are used to seeing, but works very well as is.

Very nice purchase...I am certainly jealous! I have been looking in Michigan for a used one for two years and you never see them for sale. I have wanted one for a long enough period of time now that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy new. How was the company to deal with? The only complaint that I have EVER heard about Super Split was if they didn't think you were a good fit for a SS they would tell you to not buy their product. I think it's somewhat humorous and at the very least, honest!

Very nice purchase...I am certainly jealous! I have been looking in Michigan for a used one for two years and you never see them for sale. I have wanted one for a long enough period of time now that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy new. How was the company to deal with? The only complaint that I have EVER heard about Super Split was if they didn't think you were a good fit for a SS they would tell you to not buy their product. I think it's somewhat humorous and at the very least, honest!

Paul is great to deal with. Straight shooter by all means. He won't try to up sale you into the a HD or LE model, but rather find the right SS for you. I would by another from Paul in a second, if the Mrs. never knew about it.... ;)

I have a little over 2 tanks through mine so far, some where around 7 cords. I haven't taken it easily on the machine at all. Yesterday my buddy and I spent ~4 hours working pretty much all big logs (I work for a tree company with a crane, so we bring back some monster stuff). The SS earned its keep. While there are a few draw backs, you can work around them for the most part. I did get a few wood slivers caught under ram, so I had to stop and loosen the bolts to get it out.

I will snag a few pics next time I'm out. I still haven't put it up to my conveyors yet.

Gentlemen, I've uploaded the Super Splitter into the product review section of the site. It just contains the product information. I also used @MNGuns photo from his original post (thanks!). If you have a minute please feel free to give it a 1-5 star review (don't just make a comment, use the star rating) and add your own pictures if you like. Thanks!

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/showcase/super-split-splitters.26/

Back