Yesterday's cuttings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I had yesterday afternoon off work and it was a perfect 65 degrees so I loaded the saws up and headed to the woods. I found a 16-18" DBH ash that had part of the top wind damaged and hanging so I cut it along with a burnable size maple branch that had broke off close to where I was cutting. I love this time of year and do as much cutting as I can fit in before bow season starts really going. I enjoy viewing peoples pics so I just figured I would share a few that I took yesterday. I also found the motherload of locust that are good straight trees and should be easy bucking.

Dropped, limbed and bucked
Ash.jpg

Ash2.jpg

These were not fun to load by myself :dizzy:
Ash3.jpg

After this pic is when I enjoyed a beer while sitting on the tailgate and taking it all in.
ash4.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics and looks like a good day in the woods, but you scared all of the deer away...:jawdrop:

Great pics and looks like a good day in the woods, but you scared all of the deer away...:jawdrop:

:) This area is my meat area. I could have probably sat in the stand which is in front of the truck 60 yards and shot a doe last night. I don't cut in my other piece of ground until December when everything is winding down because it is my honey hole. :clap:

Those rounds don't look too secure.

I did resituate the two rounds on the ends before I left for home. They weren't going anywhere. The truck is only a 1/2 to boot so I don't break any speed records when loaded either. Although I probably could since it is a Ford and all. :greenchainsaw:

Nice work.... :)

I hate having to crawl into truck bed to stack wood for hauling, so I take the trailer and just toss it in. At the same time , it's a pain to hook up the trailer and drag it throught the woods, etc. I think it would be nice if I could just morph the wood into a stack by the boiler, and then drink beer on the tailgate...:cheers:

Nice pictures. I love this tiem of year too.. not to hot not to cold, if you build up abit of a sweet working the wind will always come around and take the edge off. I wish I had time to got cut a few trees out back.. soon:clap:

Nice pictures. I love this tiem of year too.. not to hot not to cold, if you build up abit of a sweet working the wind will always come around and take the edge off. I wish I had time to got cut a few trees out back.. soon:clap:

It was perfect weather you are right about the wind. Jeans, long sleeve T and very little sweat makes a great day. We got dowsed with rain all day yesterday so it kind of spoiled my plans of going back down this weekend. We'll see though I might be able to find something on higher ground. :clap:

Latest posts

Back