Yesterday's Firewood Haul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My brother and his friend called me yesterday needing some help with a big fir they found. They said to bring a trailer and some saws with big bars. Well my big bars are only 24" and were tiny for this +4' at the base fir.
I used the 7900 to cut one side and the ported 372 for the other side.
attachment.php

They wanted a big truck load to sell.
attachment.php

Some how we loaded some big chunks in the trailer so we can use a spliter at home.
attachment.php

That trailer holds about 3 cords but wasnt full. We left enough of that log to get another big truck load. What I learned again is that big trees suck. I will be sticking to the smaller stuff for firewood.

Did you make it home without any wood falling out of the truck:msp_ohmy:

The blue chevy is a friend of my brothers, but yes they made it home with every last piece. For some reason all the people with half ton trucks always have to stack up over the cab. I guess they think if the rubber stops arent riding on the axle then it isnt a full load.:laugh:

One nice thing bout big trees is you get a good load and not have to drop 10 trees..

Check out the twist on that chevy... Follow the body line.. my goodness..

One nice thing bout big trees is you get a good load and not have to drop 10 trees..

Check out the twist on that chevy... Follow the body line.. my goodness..

Its the spilting thats the killer. The way he was parked in that wash caused the twist. Once he got on flat land he was about pulling wheelies.

That i can see.. Only had a few big trees around here to cut.. most ate 14 inches across at the base.. Thats a crazy load for sure on his truck.. Thanks for sharing the pics.. :rock:

Now that is one heck of a load of fir.The big fir makes nice side rail so you can really pile it up.

hahahaha! not me!

My brother and his friend called me yesterday needing some help with a big fir they found. They said to bring a trailer and some saws with big bars. Well my big bars are only 24" and were tiny for this +4' at the base fir.
I used the 7900 to cut one side and the ported 372 for the other side.
attachment.php

They wanted a big truck load to sell.
attachment.php

Some how we loaded some big chunks in the trailer so we can use a spliter at home.
attachment.php

That trailer holds about 3 cords but wasnt full. We left enough of that log to get another big truck load. What I learned again is that big trees suck. I will be sticking to the smaller stuff for firewood.

I ain't never gonna load my chev 1/2 tonner like that..nope.....

Nice load though, glad it was someone else's truck!

I'd have a hard time wanting to work around people that think its okay to load that truck like that- Males me wonder what else they do thats unsafe.... There's no call for that.

Back