Yesterdays Fun Lots of Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Spent yesterday with some good friends splitting and stacking. We got about 3 cords done in a little over a half day. Its a mix of Maple and Cherry.
We also got a little surprise in one of the small rounds.

Forgot to get a starting pic but here is one stack about 2 cords here
P1010012.jpg

This is one of 3 loads that came back to my house my poor little Honda Accord and little trailer got a work out yesterday.
P1010011.jpg

Here is what we are left with at the end of the day and a shot of the real work house and star of the day the Super Splitter there is about another 1/2 to 3/4 of a cord to go.
P1010013.jpg

This is the surprise that was in one of the rounds. Had no idea it was there till it stoped the splitter dead in its tracks.
P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Wow

Good thing your splitter found that jewel, and not your chainsaw

In my years, have "found" a few fence staples, and a few lead bullets..... but a Railroad Spike ??

O M G !! Who, what and why is that thing? It looks like a wedge to split wood. LOL Maybe someone tried to split it when the tree was young and left it in there??

That woulda trashed your chain for sure. I hit a rock that had grown into an old blackjack. Brand new chain gone in less than a second.

youll learn to recognise that metal stain in the wood around it. ive seen the stain travel 4ft above and below embeded metal in a tree.

Cambium rep coming your way for that pic you got me beat.

Yeap, I use that trailer and the Honda for everything. Really need a truck but cant afford one right now. That trailer I picked up 3 years ago for a $100 with the side boards and new lights all it needed was a coat of paint. Its the best $100 I spent it has come in so handy. I was only going maybe 5 miles with these loads if it was any further I would have only done half loads there was a lot of weight. The best looks I got from other people was when I was bringing my new compressor home a 60 gal upright.

A little more info on that spike we were talking about it today the best we can remember is that was from a branch from a cherry tree that we took down for a women last year and we needed the bucket to get to the first limbs. So how it got there your best guess is as good as mine.

Cambium, I used to haul wood in my Kia, but I'd at least put the back seat down ! :dizzy:

LOL, I had some in the trunk too but I knew what the limit was for the car and tires. The way I figure it, if 5 passengers can sit in a car at once and the max weight is 1200 lbs...then wood weight is no different. Load em up. :clap:

he he - Did you know your car has a hidden GPS unit on it? Now all those wanna be Super Splitter owners can track down where that golden splitter is parked! Good looking job you did there!

Shari

Back