Yesterdays load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i usually get two or three but don't burn it all. I am a wood hoarder and like all that I can get.

Bwaa! Got me beat!

I cut 1/4 cord Saturday and the same today and that was *quite enough* in this heat. Mostly dinky stuff anyway, cleaning up downfall branches in front of a flood prone area of the fence. If I don't keep it cleaned up..anytime more than two inches of rain I am out there cussing smashed down fence.....

Anyway, nice loads! That ole chev got it stacked high!

Wow, your truck deserves some rep for that load. What type of wood/ weight do you think you have in the bed?

Last edited:
That is a really nice load of wood! I too, would like to know the weight of the load you are hauling there.

Went out and showed that pic to my Chevy 1/2 ton and it leaked a little differential fluid!

Rep was sent your way.

the wood is red pine, I will have to pull across a scale to see the weight. the truck is a one tone, which helps, the trailer is a m101a1 military trailer.

the wood is red pine, I will have to pull across a scale to see the weight. the truck is a one tone, which helps, the trailer is a m101a1 military trailer.

If the Red pine is somewhat dry, it should be ~ 2900 pounds per cord. Something tells me that load might have had some moisture left in it...:laugh:

I went to a scale before I unloaded anything, the total weight was 16140. The truck and trailer weigh 6860 empty, so I think that I was a bit overloaded. all of the wood was dry except for the last row in the trailer it was from a dead fallen log that was lying in the weeds.

One last question.

What was the total volume (cords) of wood from that load?

Again, thanks for the pics, got me back in the firewood mode!

I am thinking it was around 2 1/2-3 the trailer is one cord to the top of the sides.

Good load with a good truck. Im looking for an 80's Chevy for a wood hauler. Dont like taking my family hualer/ durmax to haul wood. Too many stumps and logs to run over.:msp_biggrin:

Back