Yesterdays load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are out there...

Good load with a good truck. Im looking for an 80's Chevy for a wood hauler. Dont like taking my family hualer/ durmax to haul wood. Too many stumps and logs to run over.:msp_biggrin:

...just keep looking. I finally got mine earlier this summer for five hunnert clams and my old dead van swap. 84 6.2 diesel, c/k 4wd bubba edition hybrid. And 350 gassers are common as snot around here, a grand on up to whatever you want to pay in drivable condition. I just held out for the diesel, got enough power and better mileage. Got completely spoiled on diesel with my 35-40 MPG datsun, now all I want is diesel.. It should be in usable shape by winter, as slow as I am working on it (just too freaking hot, waiting for cooler weather, can't work with glasses under water with sweat..), but it do run, drove it when I bought it, then started fixing all the little crap it needs. A lot is done, some still needs to be. Eventually this is going to be my wood and fenceline repair machine, mostly onsite/ on the farm driving. I like using the tractor, but sometimes I just need to go and do a ast emergency fix or go do some cutting for a spare hour here and there, and got some other equipment hooked to the tractor and it is a PITA to swap stuff out sometimes. So..the truck.

But...still cutting wood. Cut every day this week. Not a lot, just go run one tank through a small saw, but that gives me a nice toter box load on the tractor. It adds up! I *am* cutting in the shade though, clearing fallen branches and small trees where they need cleaning up mostly.....

Back