Yesterday's Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Made a few rounds yesterday with my trust 028:

Picture373.jpg

Picture372.jpg

Picture370.jpg

Picture374.jpg

Good job LAH. Also...I was looking at the background and thought to myself..."That looks live WVa" and then I looked at your profile and..."I'll be darned..."

My family is all from there and moved up here to Ohio for the steel mills. Dad said the 3R's taught to him in school were Readin, righten and Route 250 to Ohio. We are from Ritchie County and down in the Tygart's Valley...Valley Head to be exact.

Nice job again.

Valley Head............That's God's County.:rock:

Why yes it is...FWIW my one grandfather was the Methodist minister there back in the 50's and my other grandfather built the Assembly of God church there. We get back to Valley Head each Memorial day for the big shin dig. We also make a yearly trip to Cass and Snowshoe. WVA has got to be the prettiest state in the country.

Why yes it is...FWIW my one grandfather was the Methodist minister there back in the 50's and my other grandfather built the Assembly of God church there.

I was ordained by my local community Church. We travel about to fill in for Pastors who need a day off. We also minister to Churches without a Pastor & do radio every week. I like nursing homes & cottage services.

WVA has got to be the prettiest state in the country.

Surely it's pretty here. Northeastern states with plenty of hardwood timber really shine this time of year. Lived here most my life & at 59 this year I'm mostly happy here.

Yip. you just got that area cleared and it is time to fill it all back in again. Good work .

Nice country, good people. 20 years ago, I lived in the Jane Lew area for a few years and miss it from time to time.

Yip. you just got that area cleared and it is time to fill it all back in again. Good work .

Nice country, good people. 20 years ago, I lived in the Jane Lew area for a few years and miss it from time to time.

Sure enough, Jane Lew, just south of the of a bunch of people now days. Lot's of deer in that area. BTW I have a brother in law in Luray, KS.

Do you cut to burn or cut to sell?

Both. Processing firewood with a chain saw isn't the way to go but I was paid to haul the logs in so I have nothing in them. Normally we don't haul wood to the customer so my investment is mostly two Stihl saws and a Timberwolf splitter.

Sweet. Nice pics! Is that Oak?? Almost looks like Pine. I'm still pretty new at identifying the barks.

Back