Yet Another Boot Thread. Results of Steel Toe VS Non Steel Toe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday, I wore what my coworker called "city boots". They are fru fru hiker boots with a soft nylon/bits of leather upper. No steel toe. A chunk of wood bounced on the ground after I cut it, and landed on my foot. Ouch and an expletive.

Today, I wore the Viking Calks (pronounced corks) with steel toes and dropped a chunk of wood on my foot. The same results. Ouch and an expletive.

That is the result of my unofficial test.

No safety device works 100%. I wouldn't think of doing much of any sort of work without my steel toed shoes.

large.jpg

Steel toe don't work in a wildland fire environment. So no steel toes in my White's. In the winter except when tending burn piles I wear steel toe Vikings, corks or Vibram. I have very wide feet esp just behind my toes so most steel toes don't fit my foot anyway. Vikings do fit.

Blue for oil,

Yellow for mustard,

RedOrange for Louisiana hot sauce,

they all come in the same size, and they all do a hell of a job on an empty stomach,just dont forget the usually free but sometimes .25 cent pack of saltines, along with the free spork. Don't forget either Libbys or Armore "vi-en-yas" along with beenie weenies and or pork & beans. My personal fav is Phillips beenie weenie, but I don't think you pacific north rusters get Phillips brand around here, ####in shame too, ####s packed with protine & carbs, straight go juice man. .

I love steaks @ lunch, cooked over hydraulic fluid buckets hahahahahahahahahahahaha. .

Oh, steel toes are a bad idea unless you work in a computer job. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I wore what my coworker called "city boots". They are fru fru hiker boots with a soft nylon/bits of leather upper. No steel toe. A chunk of wood bounced on the ground after I cut it, and landed on my foot. Ouch and an expletive.

Today, I wore the Viking Calks (pronounced corks) with steel toes and dropped a chunk of wood on my foot. The same results. Ouch and an expletive.

Please do not test any helmets this way.

Philbert

It is spelled caulks. Yes, the spelling police have arrived.:msp_tongue:

It is spelled caulks. Yes, the spelling police have arrived.:msp_tongue:

Ah gentle reader:

I disagree. I looked it up in my Webster Dictionary. I do not have a Funk and Wagnall.

Calk is defined as a sharp point. There's a reference to horseshoes.
Caulk is "to make watertight."

So for me, it shall be spelled Calks.

I have noticed that the more I read on the internet, the worse my spelling becomes. ;)

What the heck happened?
Again.
######################################/showthread.php?18130-West-Coast-Logging-Camps-Shops-Barges-etc.

OK I give up. I am trying to cut and paste a link to heavyequipmentsforums.com, forestry operations, west coast logging camps page one.

Last edited:
Back