Yoader Carriage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a logger, but I work with them, and the crews all prefer to use motorized carriages. I've even suggested that they have a Christie to use when the motorized one broke down, and got sneered at. The Acme brand seems to also be the most popular. I think it is made in Oregon. This would be for using a Yoader with a skyline set up. No way would you want to throw a motorized carriage. Well, maybe when it broke down...:)

OK, well aware of the price tags involved... thats why I'm interested in hands on opinions.

We have a PC400LC w/Peirce Boom + Stick / Grapple and heel and the Jewell dual drum yarder set up. High and wide / 14 ton counterweight. 1100' of mainline 1400' haulback line. Does not have the tong thrower package (sob)
We are obviously in hardwood country and mostly thinning cuts, would like to use 3-4 cable chokers, avg. length 24'-48' / dia. 10"-30" oak, maple, cherry, poplar, birch, beech, etc. Don't have anything steep like the west, but there are some good size hills and lots of wet areas.

Latest posts

Back