Yoder, ecoliner, shovel yarder, cheap yarder+loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 guys pushing out 40 loads in a day? Wow that's incredible!
We run 5 man with a part time helper and can move 500 tons of hardwood on a good day. That still only about ten loads though.

North, maybe you could deal with another small time logger. Its your sale, but work something out to share the work?

4 guys pushing out 40 loads in a day? Wow that's incredible!
We run 5 man with a part time helper and can move 500 tons of hardwood on a good day. That still only about ten loads though.

North, maybe you could deal with another small time logger. Its your sale, but work something out to share the work?

Considered that, only everyone that still has a yarder is booked until **** all knows when.

Another thing I'd consider is insurance especially with having to have a crew.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Matt having equipment and being around the stuff I'd look into a 200 class shovel and stay out of the high lead or yarder game because the big guys can hit a slow time then under bid you all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Looked at the timber cruize, mostly alder and maple, both are hard to make money on, probably enough fir, hem, and cedar to let a guy make a buck or two, but at the end of the day, not enough to justify 200k or more in equipment, and 20-30,000 in wages before the first check clears the mill.

So thanks for the words folks but I think the best thing to do here is dodge a bullet.

The equipment is still there after the job is finished, they are more of an investment than cost.
Sometimes it is better to expand your business slowly, sometimes one needs to take the opportunitys that arise, too bad that you never know beforehand which is better.
I think it's best to follow your gut feeling :)

If you need Dave Bekkevars cel Northman let me know for the equipment .

Latest posts

Back