Yoder, ecoliner, shovel yarder, cheap yarder+loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah... try $199,999 through pape for 12000 hour machine

The messed up thing is 2 years ago yarders where like flies at a picnic, now everyone thinks they have a gold mine in the scrap heap.
What is happening is they are having to fly stuff out farther to keep working for the companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'd rather not... might be cheaper then the payment on skagit in oregon though.
If they'd even insure it, I know we almost lost our insurance over an older two stage reach that used a pin instead of the clamp. What would hauling of even a small tower cost to move?

Small like a koller 301 or 501? moving probably not much since they are either truck mount or small trailer mount (I.E. electric brakes even). Or even one of the Christy yarders usually mounted on a mack or Ferd l8000, most folks around here charge by the hour if they have to haul a trailer, I could con a friend into driving a truck fer me... hel they would almost do it just to get close to logging again... the koller trailer mounts I could move with Ye Ole Dumper Truck, and probably only spend a small fortune in gasahol. Granted a 301 is undersized for anything but the smallest jobs out here.

You start talking Skagit or Madil then you need a lowboy chase cars, permits, gets ugly fast. Unless you get somewhat smart and get a trailer mount Skagit.

moving one from Kanukia to the States is mostly a paperwork fiasco, declaring ownership, various fees, inspections, registrations, stamps, etc. The War Dept used to work for an outfit that had operations in BC and WA, moving from one side to the other took about 5k and a week of arguing, not including the actual haul, which has to be done with a truck licensed both in BC and WA.

Small like a koller 301 or 501? moving probably not much since they are either truck mount or small trailer mount (I.E. electric brakes even). Or even one of the Christy yarders usually mounted on a mack or Ferd l8000, most folks around here charge by the hour if they have to haul a trailer, I could con a friend into driving a truck fer me... hel they would almost do it just to get close to logging again... the koller trailer mounts I could move with Ye Ole Dumper Truck, and probably only spend a small fortune in gasahol. Granted a 301 is undersized for anything but the smallest jobs out here.

You start talking Skagit or Madil then you need a lowboy chase cars, permits, gets ugly fast. Unless you get somewhat smart and get a trailer mount Skagit.

moving one from Kanukia to the States is mostly a paperwork fiasco, declaring ownership, various fees, inspections, registrations, stamps, etc. The War Dept used to work for an outfit that had operations in BC and WA, moving from one side to the other took about 5k and a week of arguing, not including the actual haul, which has to be done with a truck licensed both in BC and WA.
Going to say some friends of ours have a 330 cat shovel mid 90's build from Vernonia to enterprise Oregon cost 10k.

the truck mounts are wicked cool, cause you can just pack up and go, but having a excavator would be more versatile for where I'm at for now, can't really shovel log or pop stumps with a truck mount loader.
I understand that completely but it's a great start into a track machine as we did, especially using a pull through delimber, I will say we have broke a 210 boom before but we over use our equipment at times.

the truck mounts are wicked cool, cause you can just pack up and go, but having a excavator would be more versatile for where I'm at for now, can't really shovel log or pop stumps with a truck mount loader.
I remember our old 210 as a kid with a screaming Jimmy, foot swing and 5 stick lever set up my grandfather loading 125 ft poles with a live heel on it.

Back