Yoder, ecoliner, shovel yarder, cheap yarder+loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me uncle would "borrow" a neighbors from time to time, some massive prentice thing on a carrier platform, thing could probably move a d8 without grunting too hard.
Probably a 600 series, they make a 330 look weak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

think most of that stuff went to the scrap yard, the mountain logger is still parked out there, has a friend for parts now, and some kind of shovel crammed into too low of a shed, me uncles ole Cat is stuck up in the hills on private ground... Very steep log roads to go get it, and I really don't think my poor truck is up to pulling that hill, not without a locked rear and probably a pull truck, at least not with 14k of cat and 5k of trailer behind it...

Most of the loggers back there have either went to Boeing, died or retired, Lost one last week to something, What used to be shops full of yarders loaders and Cats have subarus and priuses parked in em or a few random chainsaw carvings and the usual painted fake misery whip...

Drove out through Concrete last Friday, and saw lots of yarders parked, 4 in one yard... there's logging going on just not like it used to be.

think most of that stuff went to the scrap yard, the mountain logger is still parked out there, has a friend for parts now, and some kind of shovel crammed into too low of a shed, me uncles ole Cat is stuck up in the hills on private ground... Very steep log roads to go get it, and I really don't think my poor truck is up to pulling that hill, not without a locked rear and probably a pull truck, at least not with 14k of cat and 5k of trailer behind it...

Most of the loggers back there have either went to Boeing, died or retired, Lost one last week to something, What used to be shops full of yarders loaders and Cats have subarus and priuses parked in em or a few random chainsaw carvings and the usual painted fake misery whip...

Drove out through Concrete last Friday, and saw lots of yarders parked, 4 in one yard... there's logging going on just not like it used to be.
I know a lot of us that are small companies and old companies are now doing CTL, not enough money to clear cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back