You all want to cut trees ? Come on down to Florida's east coast !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tompands

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Man, let me tell you. You aint NEVER seen so many trees that need cut. The hurricane Matthew that just past by us took it to our ass. When it past by where I live, the eye was 30 miles off shore. If it was 30 miles more to the west, this place would be leveled. I work for the county here and we were pretty much out in it. The amount of big trees that went down is unbelievable. Me and my whole dept has been cutting for 5 days and we haven't even put a dent in it. There is SO much tree debris on the sides of the roads-I've never seen anything like it. FEMA is supposedly sending contractors down to pick up all this debris-I'll believe it when I see it. Our landfill has 3 tub grinders and 3 more are on the way to help. It's going to take months to pick all this up. But the good thing is , that monster stayed off shore 30 miles. There's electric trucks here from Tenn, Mass, Alabama, and texas, trying to get the power back up- it's been a crazy week- there's a lot of tree work here-I need to get my stump grinder going-money to be made !!!

Went to Florida once to see Ricky Rat, it was awful, countryside looked like fun though

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Stay safe out there and never let production goals make you do careless stuff. And when the hack out of State storm chasers rush in, really keep your head on a swivel.

Latest posts

Back