• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

You Americans!

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
the matter that makes us up will continue in one form or other, but the human race as a thing would be wiped out and cease to exist. Flick a grain of sand off the desert and the desert remains unchanged.

Groundman One

Groundman One

Star Gazer
the matter that makes us up will continue in one form or other, but the human race as a thing would be wiped out and cease to exist. Flick a grain of sand off the desert and the desert remains unchanged.
That's not true. If you do that the desert is less than it was.

We're part of the story, part of the whole, inseparable from it as it is inseparable from us.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
We will never truly be wiped out. We are an inseparable part of the whole.

That's not true. If you do that the desert is less than it was.

We're part of the story, part of the whole, inseparable from it as it is inseparable from us.

As the building blocks that must exist for all life to exist. Literally life came from the stars. Humankind is one element in a long chain of terrestrial & extra terrestrial life in the cosmos.
A million plus years of evolution . It is quite possible that in time humankind will cease to exist.
Or we will morph into a species that can best adapt to our environment.

Mars supposedly at one time had an atmosphere that included oceans & possibly life.,advanced life. Its atmosphere was stripped away to leave it as it is now. Of the life that was there, who
or what remembers this story?

In a linear progression of life in the cosmos from the moment "time" was created mankind
is a barely visible dot.
Imo it is quite possible that there have been innumerable attempts at mankind through the cosmos, all groundwork for what we have become today, for what is our potential.

Consciousness however supersedes all gross forms of life

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Consciousness is an illusion our minds play on us. What we think of as reality is just perception based on what our bodies are able to sense. Nothing has a color for instance. Our eyes perceive light reflected off an object as color depending on what frequency of light is absorbed by the object and what frequency is reflected. The object itself has no color.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Consciousness is an illusion our minds play on us. What we think of as reality is just perception based on what our bodies are able to sense. Nothing has a color for instance. Our eyes perceive light reflected off an object as color depending on what frequency of light is absorbed by the object and what frequency is reflected. The object itself has no color.
Then you deny your very existence, for you must be "conscious" to even reply to this thread

Body is inert

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

I have to accept that I "know" very little as viewed from the big picture and my perception of reality is extremely limited.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
I have to accept that I "know" very little as viewed from the big picture and my perception of reality is extremely limited.
Each has their own story, all equally valid.

For myself, to find meaning in my life as it relates to the whole has been a constant endeavor .
We are all connected to the whole & in this sense as GM notes, our story is intertwined with the cosmos

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Reality from the perspective of an ant is limited to your back yard and nothing exists beyond that world to him. His universe is his colony and forage area. Our reality may appear to be ant-like to someone or something operating at a much larger scale. The entire milky way may be the equivalent to a back yard. We tend to think of ourselves as "full size" and central when in comparison to a much larger environment, we are microbial in size.

old CB

old CB

ArboristSite Guru
Jeez, the rest of this site is debating Stihl vs. Husky or which oil . . . and meanwhile a bunch of wood-cutting apes are dissecting the secrets of the universe. Fascinating stuff here.

For what it's worth, I lived a decade within a few miles of the Canadian border, and to this day you can take any number of tourists across the international border in the St. Lawrence River and not one can tell the difference between one side and the other. Thereby proving WE'RE ALL ONE regardless of where we stand on the planet.