• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

You Americans!

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
10-milky-way.jpg

A recent published study in the Astrophysics Journal has estimated the weight of the Milky Way to be approximately 1.54 trillion solar masses, most of which
comes from dark matter & not planets.

one solar mass is 332,946 times the mass of earth

Reactions: WRW
esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 723307

A recent published study in the Astrophysics Journal has estimated the weight of the Milky Way to be approximately 1.54 trillion solar masses, most of which
comes from dark matter & not planets.

one solar mass is 332,946 times the mass of earth
If it weighs that much how does it stay up in the sky? Shouldn't it all come crashing down to Earth?

Saiso

Saiso

Mountain Ranger
Wow,you guys are pondering the universe trying to understand it,and here I sit,drinking my coffee,and still amazed that I type letters on a computer (another enigma) and people from all over the world can read and see them in a second or so.
Finally, something I can read and follow. I’m lost and overwhelmed, but yet still intrigued by this thread.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
BlackHoleESOillustrationMilkyWayGalaxyGasAroundBlackHole.jpg

After analyzing the data over a two year span from the 8 Event Horizon telescopes stationed around the world, scientists have been able to
create an illustration of the black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, approximately 26,000 light years from earth.
The telescopes were aimed for ten days in April 2017 at the center of the Milky Way and synchronized by atomic clocks. The black hole is called Sagittarius A; another galaxy called M87 was also surveyed.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
View attachment 729212

After analyzing the data over a two year span from the 8 Event Horizon telescopes stationed around the world, scientists have been able to
create an illustration of the black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, approximately 26,000 light years from earth.
The telescopes were aimed for ten days in April 2017 at the center of the Milky Way and synchronized by atomic clocks. The black hole is called Sagittarius A; another galaxy called M87 was also surveyed.

This is the actual image from the telescopes BBVNLuP.img.jpeg