You boys are costing me money...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fogwarning

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have been hanging out on the sidelines for some time. Then I got interested in saws and got one of those... then I figured I needed a wood shed, and I built one of those.... then I just knew I needed a splitter and it came today.... I was happy until I started hanging out here... what's next??!! ;)

Last edited:
You may not know it yet, but actually need allot of saws in different size and power :hmm3grin2orange:

what is next, you ask...

Like the three bears, a little saw, medium saw, large saw.
Then hookeroon(s), timber jack, extra gloves, Ear muffs, the list goes on, and on.

Spare chains, then you get tired of filing and get a grinder, Then you start collecting really cool antique chainsaws!

:biggrinbounce2:

-Pat

How about a 90+cc Husky with a 6 foot bar....Can never have a big enough saw! This is a great site. I get tired watching these guys do all this work...splitting and dropping trees!

Welcome to AS.....very addicting site and as you pointed out bad for the wallet!

Fogwarning - Where in Maryland do you live?

and finally, your penis will shrink to where you can't find it anymore and since you've spent so much time on AS your wife won't care.:hmm3grin2orange: :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Yeah one saw won't do it. I have seven.

Also since you have a splitter you could get a woodstove of some type if you don't have one.

A chainsaw mill for making your own lumber...

You've nearly progressed to the fifth and most difficult level. I speak of the time when it becomes necessary to convince your spouse of the need to have an enormous chested, tight gluted. strong backed, blonde haired eighteen to twentyfive year old female to help load and stack. I'm still trying to get mine and I've been cutting for years.

It's not to late!!!!! RUN!!!! Smash you're computer!!! One saw? That is just laughable!! Pull this thread up in three month and update us!!! I have four that run (for now), two are the same size, they are a handy size:hmm3grin2orange: You will need PPE and wedges, wedges are you're freind!! Chains, different lenght bars, the grinder becomes a must!! You're splitter will be ok for a bit, then you will get stupid like I did, and you're wife will threaten to leave you before you get it built, but at least she doesn't have to hunt you down to yell at you! Yeah, good times ahead, GOOD TIMES!!!

Nice splitter. Looks like an Iron & Oak horizonatal. Also, looks like some of those logs are still a little large. You may want to run a few of those through again.

You say you have a saw.........well, ones never enough!;)

Last edited:
Whats next?, Well let's go over to this other site. Tractornet.com and get you into a nice Kubota tractor to help you move about. Side work will come in and in no time at all you'll have more money to buy more orange saws to go with your orange tractors (yes two is better than one). Now with more money comming in now maybe you should think about the wife too. Sweden has some other nice products for her, A Volvo stationwagon, with heated seats maybe? Just be true with what you do and all the rest will follow, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

The Bristol Mountains???

J. Walker,

We have mountains here?? I thought they were the Bristol Hills. I'm sure some of the guys from the PNW will show us some mountains. :hmm3grin2orange: Anyway not to get off track, since I've been here - New used logsplitter, New MS310, Maul and Wedges and finally some decent PPE. This is a great place, better than the Orange Inn in Naples. :biggrinbounce2:

Millman

Millman I here Naples is a great place to cruse around and find MS200's on the sides of the roads. Great way to build up a chain saw collection.

even a better place to check out all the wine makers. there are so many great tasting wineries, that you better have a designated driver!!

Latest posts

Back