You guys ever tried any of this musical firewood...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
From craigslist today....

Firewood , Seasoned Hardwood , FIREWOOD (Ne-Ohio )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-09-24, 12:03PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 100% Clean, Premium Seasoned Hardwood
* Debris FREE - No Rocks or Dirt
* Delivery & Stacking Available for Additional Fee
*Precisely Split & Cut

Full Chord 24'x16"x4' $ 275.00
2/3 Chord 16'x16"x4' $ 200.00
1/2 Chord 12'x16"x4' $ 165.00
1/3 Chord 8'x16"x4' $ 130.00

Give Us A Call Today ! 330-389-0530

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1971126522

It's bad enough there's a million and one firewood sellers around nowadays but it's hilarious how many of 'em can't even spell the word cord correctly let alone give you the correct amount of wood. Hmmmm...wonder what song this wood plays when you burn it?:dizzy:

A pet peeve of mine, also. I've seen this on stove dealer websites, also. Maybe there is an alternate spelling in the dictionary, but I'm with you. A lot of people on this site spell it "chord" also.

i think ive seen more people on craigslist and THIS forum spell it chord, than cord.

and what a weird way to list the measurements, this guy is just WEIRD

24'x16"x4' - how about you just say 128cu ft of wood!? or even the old standard "4x4x8"

I've seen this on stove dealer websites, also. Maybe there is an alternate spelling in the dictionary, but I'm with you. A lot of people on this site spell it "chord" also.

You'd think they'd know better...whenever I see "chord" I always envision guitars and pianos:hmm3grin2orange:!

i think ive seen more people on craigslist and THIS forum spell it chord, than cord.

and what a weird way to list the measurements, this guy is just WEIRD

24'x16"x4' - how about you just say 128cu ft of wood!? or even the old standard "4x4x8"

I can see craigslist folks gettin' it wrong but I'm a little surprised that folks here would. Yeah craigslist can be a real challenge sometimes.

The real surprise wasn't people here or craigslist, it was listed this way on a website for a dealer of coal and woodstoves. People who really should know better. Energy Consultants, they call themselves.

Clearly the dude is a Mathematician down on his luck, trying to make an extra buck... CLEARLY he was discussing the fact that a piece of firewood is split from a circular block and could be Chordal shaped on the end! Remember ...Maple^2 + Poplar^2 = Oak ^2 Pythagoreus firewood law!

attachment.php

:biggrinbounce2:

I think I found some of them chords on CL.

attachment.php

...and don't tell me it's a circular segment either:bringit:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back