• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

You have just lost a customer!

Timbo74

Timbo74

ArboristSite Guru
I ordered an 18".325 narrow kerf bar and chain combo from you guys on May 17th over the phone, I was told the chain was out of stock until the 22nd of May. So I waited until last Tuesday the 29th to call and find out what was up with my order, and I was told that my order was canceled...even though I paid for it, and never canceled it....wtf! So I explained that I did not cancel my order, that I paid in full, and I have the PayPal invoice to prove it. The rep did some checking, and realized it was all a mistake on their part. So I was told they would ship out my order that day and put expedited 3 day shipping on it. Well I expected my order to be here by today Monday the 4th of June..and it still did not come. So back on the phone with Bailey's. This time I find out that they still did not ship my order, and parts are now or still out of stock. I told the rep to refund my money NOW! This is completely unacceptable! I understand that stuff happens, but this just seems like a whole lotta incompetents to me.

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Website
www.baileysonline.com
I ordered an 18".325 narrow kerf bar and chain combo from you guys over 3 weeks ago over the phone, I was told the chain was out of stock until the 22nd of May. So I waited until last Tuesday to call and find out what was up with my order, and I was told that my order was canceled...even though I paid for it, and never canceled it....wtf! So I explained that I did not cancel my order, that I paid in full, and I have the PayPal invoice to prove it. The rep did some checking, and realized it was all a mistake on their part. So I was told they would ship out my order that day and put expedited 3 day shipping on it. Well I expected my order to be here by today Monday....and it still did not come. So back on the phone with Bailey's. This time I find out that they still did not ship my order, and parts are now out of stock. I told the rep to refund my money NOW!
If this is the way you treat your customers, I don't ever want to deal with you guys again!

Hi Timbo74,

Unfortunately we are still out of the Woodland Pro 18 inch narrow kerf loops and wont have any for the next week or so. Since that bar and chain combo is a "kit" its a little harder to tell at first glance if it has a back-ordered component. If you still want the order PM me your info and I'll find something in stock to sub you order with. Sorry for the miscommunication and frustration.

Timbo74

Timbo74

ArboristSite Guru
Hi Timbo74,

Unfortunately we are still out of the Woodland Pro 18 inch narrow kerf loops and wont have any for the next week or so. Since that bar and chain combo is a "kit" its a little harder to tell at first glance if it has a back-ordered component. If you still want the order PM me your info and I'll find something in stock to sub you order with. Sorry for the miscommunication and frustration.
Hi Timbo74,

As soon as I figure out how to pm you I will. I am on an android, and I'm fairly new to the forum.

toolfreak

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
I ordered an 18".325 narrow kerf bar and chain combo from you guys on May 17th over the phone, I was told the chain was out of stock until the 22nd of May. So I waited until last Tuesday the 29th to call and find out what was up with my order, and I was told that my order was canceled...even though I paid for it, and never canceled it....wtf! So I explained that I did not cancel my order, that I paid in full, and I have the PayPal invoice to prove it. The rep did some checking, and realized it was all a mistake on their part. So I was told they would ship out my order that day and put expedited 3 day shipping on it. Well I expected my order to be here by today Monday the 4th of June..and it still did not come. So back on the phone with Bailey's. This time I find out that they still did not ship my order, and parts are now or still out of stock. I told the rep to refund my money NOW! This is completely unacceptable! I understand that stuff happens, but this just seems like a whole lotta incompetents to me.
Must still be a customer service issue there! I put in an order Tuesday, its Friday, still no shipping conformation. Called to inquire about the order. Was told one of the items was back ordered and they didn't know when the order would ship. What!!!!!!! Wrong Answer!!!! Big deal I get the back order issue, but sent the rest of the stuff on time. They could have sent the 550xp I ordered, it was in stock. This incompetence made me cancel the order immediately! I've been ordering from baileys for years for my tree service, only had one other issue which was rectified by them with a phone call to me, no harm no foul! But this last representative has me looking elsewhere to service my business needs! I feel my loyalty is my own fault, I know this because I got really pissed!

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
Must still be a customer service issue there! I put in an order Tuesday, its Friday, still no shipping conformation. Called to inquire about the order. Was told one of the items was back ordered and they didn't know when the order would ship. What!!!!!!! Wrong Answer!!!! Big deal I get the back order issue, but sent the rest of the stuff on time. They could have sent the 550xp I ordered, it was in stock. This incompetence made me cancel the order immediately! I've been ordering from baileys for years for my tree service, only had one other issue which was rectified by them with a phone call to me, no harm no foul! But this last representative has me looking elsewhere to service my business needs! I feel my loyalty is my own fault, I know this because I got really pissed!
Sorry about that, we have a new default setting in our ordering system that holds an order up until it can ship complete unless otherwise specified. Hard to say what was holding the order up but the agent should have been able to give you an estimated due date. If you pm me your contact info I can hook you up with a substitution and expedite the order at no extra cost. If you have already ordered your saw somewhere else I can hook you up with a discount on your next order.

toolfreak

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Sorry about that, we have a new default setting in our ordering system that holds an order up until it can ship complete unless otherwise specified. Hard to say what was holding the order up but the agent should have been able to give you an estimated due date. If you pm me your contact info I can hook you up with a substitution and expedite the order at no extra cost. If you have already ordered your saw somewhere else I can hook you up with a discount on your next order.
I appreciate your response! No, I did not order my unit from any other vendor, just delayed the order until a later date and will most likely be adding to it! I patched an older saw together to get us through the month! My frustration was due to the fact that my past experiences with baileys have always been reliable! People come to count on that, and reliability is a good stamp to have!

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
I have plenty of complaints concerning Bailey's. I remember some where forty years ago that I placed my first order with them and they did OK. My biggest issue with them has been that they ship out items incomplete. More than once I try to email or explain that the order has no value to me if it is not complete. If they know an item is back ordered then they often notify me that a item will take longer that said fine. Then they ship out a partial order any way. They on the other side work hard to get things right and offer a decent price. I know some of their challenges and I am sure that they do their best effort. So I will keep doing my best to give them my business. They have employee issues just like all of us so they will not ever be perfect. Over all they offer a good value for their customer base. Thanks

Gatun crocs

Gatun crocs

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi Timbo74,

Since it’s a “kit” it’s hard to tell if a component is in stock? It’s a bar and a chain, that’s only two components. Baileys must have genius employees.

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Website
www.baileysonline.com
Since it’s a “kit” it’s hard to tell if a component is in stock? It’s a bar and a chain, that’s only two components. Baileys must have genius employees.
Thanks for the feedback :drinkingcoffee:

It was an unfortunate limitation on our old website. Luckily with a newer system in place it wont be an issue anymore.