You know its bad when there are logs from a prune job.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Perhaps I have said to much and leave it be but after some consideration to what the client wanted, what the tree needed and what what the future holds I sunk my 44 into this beatiful black cherry. Why on earth would I want to I don't know.

001-2.jpg

It would have only needed work in the tips and a lot of cables if not for the house.. I still will put some in, I use Nerex.

005-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

The dude you see in the pic is my helpers father. On the way to the job I told Dale, my helper, about the pick-up load of firewood coming outta this tree. He asked for it and I said sure, next thing he is on the phone making arangments with his father to come pick it up. It got worse, it usually does but good communication served its purpose and that specific type of tomfoolery shouldn't happen again.

I was in the tree when Dale's father showed up, he had brought Dale's 4 year old daughter. Ya know, I have been really working hard with Dale, he is a novice that nee, ded a job and YES! Whatever I tell him gets done contrary to what I said. I won't go into that right now but there is something very big behind that, I am sure you know.

I saw the girl from my peripherals getting out the truck, The Dan's voice boomed from above, a far heard command to those on the ground, " THAT KID STAYS IN THE TRUCK!"

And it was so. Beautiful girl to, my daughter can't wait to meet her but I have been keeping Dale busy lately. He is doing well and so I am. It takes a lot of time, right now I am teaching him what the words coming out of my mouth mean. He is still very new to the game though willing to work and is responsible.

The rest went well, the old man used my 26 to slice up the wood and got outta there. There are no hard feelings either way, but women and children are never on my list of things to bring to the jobsite.

Last edited:
"I don't strip the bark from every tree I prune but when I do I use EYE SORE NO MORE"

The Dan circa today

021-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

Last edited:
This was another black cherry I had worked on. I had been trying to convice the client to leave the big low limb and TD the poplar but I let him talk me into hacking that one off too.

It was low and stretched out far, he really wanted it gone so it went.

021.jpg

Maybe my eyes are bad, but (lion-tailed)
Jeff

Close to it but not exactly, there is smaller growth below, droopers, I clipped them back a little to grow in and I also left some low and inside. I did get to the tips of every lead and knock out one of the bigger branches leaving many behind it. The upper canopy has been worked, its just been worked with a 20.

The big limb we took of was rubbing and in doing so left the one side with a big hole so I evened it out, I stopped before it was perfectly even.

014-2.jpg

I knew I was taking a lot out, the house needed good clearance, in some places over the house I cut the limbs back instead of removal.

A good ammount of dead was in there and the client wanted the low limbs off

017-1.jpg

016-3.jpg

But yes, I gapped the crap outta that one. A lot of those white eyes are from dead which can make tree look thick. I took two steps into the tree and had a pile of dead branches on the ground. The tree was never touched. I did some heavy cutting in the tips though. Check out that upper canopy.

They do looked a bit gapped ,but they will be a whole lot better than if they were topped.

Give them good advice .In the end it's their tree and their decision IMHO. Dont sweat it.

The dude you see in the pic is my helpers father. On the way to the job I told Dale, my helper, about the pick-up load of firewood coming outta this tree. He asked for it and I said sure, next thing he is on the phone making arangments with his father to come pick it up. It got worse, it usually does but good communication served its purpose and that specific type of tomfoolery shouldn't happen again.

I was in the tree when Dale's father showed up, he had brought Dale's 4 year old daughter. Ya know, I have been really working hard with Dale, he is a novice that nee, ded a job and YES! Whatever I tell him gets done contrary to what I said. I won't go into that right now but there is something very big behind that, I am sure you know.

I saw the girl from my peripherals getting out the truck, The Dan's voice boomed from above, a far heard command to those on the ground, " THAT KID STAYS IN THE TRUCK!"

And it was so. Beautiful girl to, my daughter can't wait to meet her but I have been keeping Dale busy lately. He is doing well and so I am. It takes a lot of time, right now I am teaching him what the words coming out of my mouth mean. He is still very new to the game though willing to work and is responsible.

The rest went well, the old man used my 26 to slice up the wood and got outta there. There are no hard feelings either way, but women and children are never on my list of things to bring to the jobsite.
aren't you the guy that jumped me last year for referring to someone that worked for me as "my" climber........

aren't you the guy that jumped me last year for referring to someone that worked for me as "my" climber........

Yes, and we cleared that up back then I thought. It was more in the context of a person who couldn't climb saying that. See, I can climb... and I can help... so i can say anything I want.

OMG! :msp_scared: Do tell!!:msp_w00t:
Oh yeah, your right, I remember that thread,
Jeff :dizzy:

Would you just calm down, its only Wed night bro.

But really, I keep running into guys bragging about how much " my climber " makes them and they can't/won't do it themselves. The one guy I met was talking to me as though I cared about it, I was just standing there listening and getting mad.

Last edited:
Back